Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF: Can anyone spare a couple of quid to sponsor me?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Evening CHAPS,

Have set up my own Just Giving website for this year's REMF game to try and encourage my friends to sponsor me.

If anyone on here has ever read one of my blogs, or match reports in the programme and, a long shot I know, enjoyed them. Or went to last year's Footy Aid and enjoyed my stand-up set - again, another LONG shot, then I would be grateful if you could spare a couple of pounds to sponsor me.

I have been privileged enough to play in the last three games and get involved with the REMF. It has been a pleasure and an honour.

Even if you can't stand me, don't let it deter you from sponsoring on the team page.

It is a great cause and one of the best things I have experienced as a Brighton fan.

http://www.justgiving.com/Richard-Morris2

Oh, and it might say ZERO at the mo, but my Old Man has sponsored me on the main team page.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just a suggestion (and apologies if it's been raised before), but would it not be better to encourage people to sponsor the REMF team as an entity rather than individuals?

The reason I say this is that people like myself, who are friends with multiple possible members of REMF team, are getting sponsorship requests from all of those people - of course I want to support the cause, but who do I choose as I can't afford to sponsor all three of them?

Just a thought. :smile:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Just a suggestion (and apologies if it's been raised before), but would it not be better to encourage people to sponsor the REMF team as an entity rather than individuals?

The reason I say this is that people like myself, who are friends with multiple possible members of REMF team, are getting sponsorship requests from all of those people - of course I want to support the cause, but who do I choose as I can't afford to sponsor all three of them?

Just a thought. :smile:

This was why we started with a team page, but people have said that we will raise more if we have individual ones aswell so the choice is yours!

(see the REMF stcky for details)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We have a team one for that very reason.

Just I know Uncle Spierlberg was getting worried about us not having personal ones as well.

As most of my mates wouldn't know NSC if it slapped them in the face, I have set up my own one.

Just thought I'd moot it out to NSC as well.

I am, as always, open to suggestions for facial hair for this year's event.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
We have a team one for that very reason.

Just I know Uncle Spierlberg was getting worried about us not having personal ones as well.

As most of my mates wouldn't know NSC if it slapped them in the face, I have set up my own one.

Just thought I'd moot it out to NSC as well.

Got to be the 'Hitler'

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Has to be a version of the 'Calderon', shirley?

Either:

inigo-calderon_50450.jpg

or:

rumores_angel_txiki_y_calderon_060808.jpg

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I've never seen your stand up.

I've never read your blog let alone enjoyed it.

I am however awaiting a copy of your fanzine.

I will sponsor you.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thank you Andrew.

And if you resend me your marathon link I will return the favour. I went to do it last night but had deleted the email.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here