Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which posters should play in the NEXT REMF game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The REMF team have broken through the £ 1000 raised barrier today. :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Last season....Nick....

a good counter argument to the 'closed shop' bollocks.

Team NSC now can't compete against REMF, because the stand out players in those games usually find their way into a REMF squad!

e.g. M Martindale, Jenkins, Nick, Ticehurst...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Team NSC now can't compete against REMF, because the stand out players in those games usually find their way into a REMF squad!

Yep. In the 3 (or 4?) seasons I arranged a team to play REMF we had 5 players go across (6 if you include me being on the subs bench once). Not bad really.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The REMF team have broken through the £ 1000 raised barrier today.

Keep donating people.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Lets make this the best one yet. I personally think the team are all legends.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Really?

So NSC has a football team? First I knew about it, which would seem a little bit strange as site 'owner' (I use the term loosely)

Can I ask how people play for 'Team NSC', when trials take place, who selects the team and general stuff like that. Thanks.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Really?

So NSC has a football team? First I knew about it, which would seem a little bit strange as site 'owner' (I use the term loosely)

Can I ask how people play for 'Team NSC', when trials take place, who selects the team and general stuff like that. Thanks.

Sorry, I used the phrase 'Team NSC' loosely also. There have previously been NSC teams picked off this site to play in various games against various opposition.

No training, no trials, no fixed organiser - just anyone who takes the responsibility.

In previous years, Damanclay has usually volunteed to captain a side to play a warm up game. If someone had wanted to do that this year then I imagine a game would have taken place, however last years game was a bit of a waste of time as it was so one-sided.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
after the first game at Southwick, at the meal, it was suggested that we try and create a NSC Albion type team which would make up teams to play the REMF team a few times a year as it was thought that as there were so many players that wouldnt get a game in the main event, it would be good to try and keep everyone together. This ended up as a team that played visiting teams supporters....PNE. Millwall, Fulham etc.

I managed it for a few games ( hence Dave The Gaffer) then Andy Rumble took over and I ended up reffing games.

I dont think it was ever really a representative of NSC per se, more a way of making sure people knew who was playing etc.

Jimmy Grimble

I think a warm up game before REMF 10 with some REMF/NSC " faces " would be fantastic. I would play but suggest it is 10 minutes each way tops. :lolol: The question is are you up for it Ed ?.

What? You mean a bit like the team we arranged to play REMF the last two years? Of the 14 or so people who have taken part in this game the last 2 years eleven of us are NSC posters. Or are we not NSC 'faces'?

Yep. In the 3 (or 4?) seasons I arranged a team to play REMF we had 5 players go across (6 if you include me being on the subs bench once). Not bad really.

Well in the last two seasons we haven't had any, and - no disrepect to the 'NSC sides' - but I think we have just a little bit more ability than those who have been in these NSC teams.

In fact, one of 'our lot' was dropped from the REMF team this year despite probably playing at a higher level than 80% of the REMF side and having been described as 'class' and 'the best player on the park' (or something along those lines) by players from the REMF team. To put it simply, if it was based on talent, he'd be in the squad easily.

Now I haven't been involved in the 'closed shop' saga, nor do I have a great desire to play in the REMF game, I just thought I'd level this debate out a bit...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well in the last two seasons we haven't had any, and - no disrepect to the 'NSC sides' - but I think we have just a little bit more ability than those who have been in these NSC teams.

In fact, one of 'our lot' was dropped from the REMF team this year despite probably playing at a higher level than 80% of the REMF side and having been described as 'class' and 'the best player on the park' (or something along those lines) by players from the REMF team. To put it simply, if it was based on talent, he'd be in the squad easily.

Now I haven't been involved in the 'closed shop' saga, nor do I have a great desire to play in the REMF game, I just thought I'd level this debate out a bit...

You haven't levelled debate out at all. You've just started moaning that your mate isn't in the team - an argument which was cleared up by the manager last week. Give it a rest.

Last year, a player impressed enough in a warm up game to make the full squad.

This year, nobody did.

No need to go over it again, unless of course you're intent on shit stirring...

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
What? You mean a bit like the team we arranged to play REMF the last two years? Of the 14 or so people who have taken part in this game the last 2 years eleven of us are NSC posters. Or are we not NSC 'faces'?

I think he means the NSC 'asslicks'

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Snoobs was dropped because he's not in the clique. He's by FAR the most talented player in the team. (well, if he was in it..)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not sure why this has surfaced this year. In the past, people were picked by the manager and played the game in the spirit of the fund ( apart from Richie trying to have a fight with a few of the Palace boys).

Is the problem that people do not think the team is strong enough to win this year, or is it that people think that some people should or should not be playing in the game?

I am not sure what people's agenda is

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Snoobs was dropped because he's not in the clique. He's by FAR the most talented player in the team. (well, if he was in it..)

who is this snoobs? has he played in the matches before? Is he known to the management of the team?

I honestly dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here