Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REMF team - selection etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
We gave 4 sets of hit to 4 youth teams called Wicklham Wanderers, Shirley. Croydon costing £ 1200 as recognition for their support. We have also let it be known many times for youth clubs in Croydon to apply for funding and be vetted but no one has.

Ah ok thanks for explaining.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Which brings me to my point at leaving it as before with indiviudal sponsorships for all the players with an option to donate to the team in general. It lave people more personally responsible for their own sponsorships efforts. So far the support is slow, it is still grreat the people who have donated by we just over £ 300 compared to £ 4000 last year there is a long way to go and I think the target should be set at £ 4000 or above as I always believe the target should be equal or more to the previous years total to set a new goal.

I agree totally Kay. I am not having a pop but there is a heck of a lot to do and players cannot think just turning up and playing in the game is necessarily enough. Alas it is the same 4 - 6 players every year who make all the effort re sponsorship and handing out flyers.

Isn't playing dependant on sponsorship raised, or effort put in to organising? I assumed that it was.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No Lokki.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Which brings me to my point at leaving it as before with indiviudal sponsorships for all the players with an option to donate to the team in general. It lave people more personally responsible for their own sponsorships efforts. So far the support is slow, it is still grreat the people who have donated by we just over £ 300 compared to £ 4000 last year there is a long way to go and I think the target should be set at £ 4000 or above as I always believe the target should be equal or more to the previous years total to set a new goal.

Last year could have just been a 'blip' could it not?

I have a vague memory that most years c£500 has been raised from player sponsorship across all players. The ginger dream machine raised around that himself last year I think.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There could be some exciting news re REMF 10 shortly whereby there would be a queue around the block wanting to play in it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes I think last year one of the REMF players got more in sponsorship than all the others put together.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Really? So what is it dependant on? Serious question.

It is broadly the same group of players who have played for the REMF since 2001 and not some late " glory " seekers.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Last year could have just been a 'blip' could it not?

I have a vague memory that most years c£500 has been raised from player sponsorship across all players. The ginger dream machine raised around that himself last year I think.

Thats correct Daz but why not go for £ 4k again. Its been done before, no reason why it can't be again. Brett was the driving force last year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
OK but that's next year though right? What about this year?

At the moment we have a page donating for the team as a whole rather than individual players. I don't think this is the best way, no disrespect to anyone so imo we need the squad announced and the players to do individual pages and soon as we only have 4 weeks.

At the moment we have a page donating for the team as a whole rather than individual players. I don't think this is the best way, no disrespect to anyone so imo we need the squad announced and the players to do individual pages and soon as we only have 4 weeks.

Sorry to poke my oar in, just trying to understand. In previous years I have donated without actually looking into it at all. What you say above makes perfect sense to me in terms of maximising income which is the whole point right?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

In honour of you US, I'm going to go LARGE on Hufflepuff. I might even chip in a couple of bob extra if he STROKES home the winning goal/penalty again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Huffletron set a great example last year, raising about a zillion pounds singlehandedly (and still had time to score the winning penalty). As such I shall be nailing my money firmly on his proverbial mast this year.

He sets the example for others to follow.:clap2: :clap2:

I believe I sponsored HUFFLEPUFF well before you did. Not that it matters if he scores the goals to fire the Albion REMF team to GLORY. :clap2:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I belive to have individual pages will raise more than a group sponsorship. It will give responsibility to the individual players to make an effort to get sponsorships and just rely on people donating to the group. It will also engender competition between the players. IT was commented on that feedback from some people was that they would did not want to sponsor one person over another but I feel the majority of people, friends, family, work colleague etc would prefer to sponsor the person they actually know with an option for sponsporing the group for those who prefered that. Anyway if we are going to do individual pages we need to get it sorted soon as Palace announced their provisional squad a week ago. This is just my opinion and not a directive as I am not raising the sponsorship.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I agree totally Kay. I am not having a pop but there is a heck of a lot to do and players cannot think just turning up and playing in the game is necessarily enough. Alas it is the same 4 - 6 players every year who make all the effort re sponsorship and handing out flyers.

Noty quite fair. I have handed them out every year I have played and know quite a few others do similar.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I belive to have individual pages will raise more than a group sponsorship. It will give responsibility to the individual players to make an effort to get sponsorships and just rely on people donating to the group. It will also engender competition between the players. IT was commented on that feedback from some people was that they would did not want to sponsor one person over another but I feel the majority of people, friends, family, work colleague etc would prefer to sponsor the person they actually know with an option for sponsporing the group for those who prefered that. Anyway if we are going to do individual pages we need to get it sorted soon as Palace announced their provisional squad a week ago. This is just my opinion and not a directive as I am not raising the sponsorship.
For what it's worth, I completely agree with you Gareth.

I for one, have sponsored HKFC as he is a mate of mine - and he is sponsoring me on my Brighton marathon run. I suspect I am not alone as it is this sort of direct mutual back scratching which helps the donations come in. If you think about it, this is less likely to happen without that one to one relationship.

Not that I care - if Hufflepuff scores the winning goal, I'll double what I've chipped in. :clap2:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Your one of the 4-6 Richie :wrong::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here