Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The REMF team - selection etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
thanks, Al. I just was worried that everyone would just assume they were in place. You have come up trumps before Al. good luck.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The trophy has been located in Brett's house.

We have several things to resolve and they don't just happen.

1. Ref's and officials - Hopefully Al can come up trumps again but we need a plan as without these the game does not go ahead
2. Programme - anyone thought of who is going to arrange this, Al did it last year but he is busy at the moment so we cannot assume again they will just appear magically
3. Flyers - we need to arrange these and have a group of volunteers to hand them out on 24/4

I know its still 4 weeks but we need everything signed off and done 2 weeks prior to avoid and last minute hitches.

Do you know the squad yet and what is the plan for the just giving as its slow at the moment.

Wardy is in the UK for a week. Does anyone want me to arrange a REMF Pool Night 2 for Weds 28/4. It would be 16 players. Wardy is up for it. I don't mind as there will be enough other stuff to organise.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gareth.

I will happily to the copy for the programme. Would actually quite like to.

Designing it and laying it out however, is another matter...

More than happy to do it in tandem with someone else if they can do the design end.

re: refs. If you are stuck, let me know. My old editor sorted us out the officials a couple of years ago and he is some sort of ref's secretary for East Sussex so I am sure he could again.

Squad has been ANNOUNCED this morning.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The trophy has been located in Brett's house.

We have several things to resolve and they don't just happen.

1. Ref's and officials - Hopefully Al can come up trumps again but we need a plan as without these the game does not go ahead
2. Programme - anyone thought of who is going to arrange this, Al did it last year but he is busy at the moment so we cannot assume again they will just appear magically
3. Flyers - we need to arrange these and have a group of volunteers to hand them out on 24/4

I know its still 4 weeks but we need everything signed off and done 2 weeks prior to avoid and last minute hitches.

Do you know the squad yet and what is the plan for the just giving as its slow at the moment.

Wardy is in the UK for a week. Does anyone want me to arrange a REMF Pool Night 2 for Weds 28/4. It would be 16 players. Wardy is up for it. I don't mind as there will be enough other stuff to organise.

Still working on the ref, as it were.

I can do the programme, and liaise with WSL and ask them nicely to print. I'll let you know. Mr Jabsco, you volunteered to write for the programme. Can you oblige with that pretty please - 500 words? Don't worry, I'll sub it...

I will be there at the start of the evening, but will have to disappear fairly early on. I have another function to organise/attend that evening; a fund-raising do that can double as an after-match party in Brighton if anyone is interested.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
500 words on the history of the charity etc?

Do we want any extra copy than that? How about a little stats / form box? Top scorers etc...

Will email it over tonight if that helps.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
500 words on the history of the charity etc?

Do we want any extra copy than that? How about a little stats / form box? Top scorers etc...

Will email it over tonight if that helps.

Not so much the history (already got that).

I'm more after the achievements - where the money has gone, the difference it has made etc. We don't promote REMF's achievements enough IMO.

Raising money is something we're pretty good at. Telling people the difference it's made is something I would like to know, for instance.

Stats is good as well...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I'm more after the achievements - where the money has gone, the difference it has made etc. We don't promote REMF's achievements enough IMO.

Raising money is something we're pretty good at. Telling people the difference it's made is something I would like to know, for instance.

Stats is good as well...

Will sniff something together tonight

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Stats is good as well...

I try to update everyone with progess Al and did a long spiel about the REMF, what it has done with who we sponsored and stats a few weeks ago. I will post it again. Its done to everyone to spread the news though so I agree with Al that its a collective effort in putting the news out there.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
posted 7/3/10

REMF 9 - 30/4/10 - Please take 2 minutes to read this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets just take a while to look back at what we have achieved together in the name of Robert Eaton.

Los Peladitos - 230 disadvantaged children in Queens, New York provided with a 3 year funding grant of 230 shirts, 150 balls and equipment.

Seagulls Specials - £ 7000 grant over the last 2 years for handicapped and special needs people in the local community which has been an integral part in them surviving and moving forward.

Coaching for Hope - £ 3000 grant over 3 years to provide kit and equipment for Aids orphans in Mali, Africa for poor and parentless kids to bring a smile to their faces.

8 local youth football clubs in the Brighton & Hove area provided with kit and equipment benefitting hundreds of local kids to play football and enhance their lives.

4 sets of kit for Wycombe Wanderers youth teams in recognintion of the support from our friends at CPFC.

Goals for to impoverished kids in Camodia to play football.

A set of kit for underpriviledged children in South Africa.

The Argus Sussex charity of the year in 2009 and also shortlisted in 2002, 2007 and 2008.

The support and help from Peter Ward, Ricky Marlowe, Dick Knight, BHAFC, Peter Taylor, Robyn Schonhoffer and the Talk Sport team.

Raising over £ 75000 since 2001.

2009 being the most successful year since 2001 with over £ 11000 raised.

The fund going from strength to strength after that terrible day for humanity in 2001 when we lost one of our own showing human endeavour, spirit and love will always overcome the forces of evil.

Every single person who has helped, donated or attended the REMF since 2001 from BHAFC, CPFC and everywhere can be proud of what they have achieved in the name of Robert Eaton. RIP. I know the Eatons find incredible solice from the REMF and we can all hope that Robert looks down from above and realises what has occured in his name. I am sure he would be proud.

Please be there on 30/4/10.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I still think (and I say this every year) that being in the REMF squad should be CONDITIONAL on being available to hand out flyers before the match at the home game before.

I agree totally Kay. I am not having a pop but there is a heck of a lot to do and players cannot think just turning up and playing in the game is necessarily enough. Alas it is the same 4 - 6 players every year who make all the effort re sponsorship and handing out flyers.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry to be ignorant but can you expand on what this was all about?

We gave 4 sets of hit to 4 youth teams called Wicklham Wanderers, Shirley. Croydon costing £ 1200 as recognition for their support. We have also let it be known many times for youth clubs in Croydon to apply for funding and be vetted but no one has.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We gave 4 sets of kit to 4 youth teams called Wickham Wanderers, Shirley. Croydon costing £ 1200 as recognition for their support. We have also let it be known many times for youth clubs in Croydon to apply for funding and be vetted but no one has.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I agree totally Kay. I am not having a pop but there is a heck of a lot to do and players cannot think just turning up and playing in the game is necessarily enough. Alas it is the same 4 - 6 players every year who make all the effort re sponsorship and handing out flyers.

The Huffletron set a great example last year, raising about a zillion pounds singlehandedly (and still had time to score the winning penalty). As such I shall be nailing my money firmly on his proverbial mast this year.

He sets the example for others to follow.:clap2: :clap2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here