Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sponsor the REMF team 2010 edition...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Oh, and we are not doing individual ones this year after feedback from people who said they felt bad sponsoring one person over others.

So don't all wait to bagsy sponsoring Chappers...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good stuff

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Chaps I am not sure this is the way forward. I feel most people would prefer to donate to an individual they know rather than a block donation. The engenders competition which is not a bad thing and relies on the individual players to make an effort trying to raise sponsorship rather than just rely on a joint page.

I would suggest individual players pages with a group page as an option if people want to sponsor that way.

What do people think ?. After all your raised about £4k last year doing it the old way so way mend something that isn't broken ?.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Chaps I am not sure this is the way forward. I feel most people would prefer to donate to an individual they know rather than a block donation. The engenders competition which is not a bad thing and relies on the individual players to make an effort trying to raise sponsorship rather than just rely on a joint page.

I would suggest individual players pages with a group page as an option if people want to sponsor that way.

What do people think ?. After all your raised about £4k last year doing it the old way so way mend something that isn't broken ?.

It was done because I spoke to a few people that donated last year, and they felt bad that they sponsored one person and not another (financial contraints). It is about the team anyway, not the individuals. There is a clear option to say you are sponsoring an individual too by leaving the players name in the comments box

The team agreed it is a good idea, and we rolled it out

Anyway I think we shouldnt do this sort of thing on this thread, just let the donations come in and thank people for their generosity x

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ok Brett. I think it is a mistake but we will see.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ok Brett. I think it is a mistake but we will see.

I tend to agree. I think it might make some people not bother collecting as much.

But, Brett has a very valid point about some people feeling bad.

I guess there is nothing to stop us having personal ones AND the team one for those who just want to back the team in general.

Either way, we should still make a decent pile.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That what I suggested. I am not having a pop we all know there are some people who really make an effort to get sponsorships and those shall we say less pro active. You did the indivdual sponsorships on just giving for the first time last year and made over £ 4k so I am baffled as to why you would want to change that. People can't have felt than bad !, I reckon 90% of people want to sponsor the inidividual but its your decision as your the ones raising the money.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Brett deserves BIG LOVE for his work last year and this.

I think he is right in that for people who feel bad sponsoring one person and not another, a team just giving is a good alternative.

It can't HURT can it? Its not like people are going to go "Well, bugger you. I would have sponsored you on your individual page - which I still can do - but because you had the audacity to upload an alternative, I won't bother."

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can this be made a sticky please Mods?

No.

And before this gets out of hand, with 74 REMF 2010 stickys at the top of NSC, largely being ignored by most NSC users, can I suggest that someone (Gareth, presumably) makes a single, clear and well crafted thread about the REMF that includes links to everything going on, be it other NSC threads or links to external sites etc.

In fact something like the one I did last year.

I will give the 'owner' of this thread the ability to edit their posts so they can return to it as and when and make updates to ensure it remains current.

I suggest that only this one thread sits as a sticky on NSC. We know people get 'sticky fatigue' otherwise and ignore them completely.

Any volunteers?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No.

And before this gets out of hand, with 74 REMF 2010 stickys at the top of NSC, largely being ignored by most NSC users, can I suggest that someone (Gareth, presumably) makes a single, clear and well crafted thread about the REMF that includes links to everything going on, be it other NSC threads or links to external sites etc.

In fact something like the one I did last year.

I will give the 'owner' of this thread the ability to edit their posts so they can return to it as and when and make updates to ensure it remains current.

I suggest that only this one thread sits as a sticky on NSC. We know people get 'sticky fatigue' otherwise and ignore them completely.

Any volunteers?

He speaks the TRUTH.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think Bozza is right but would request just 2 stickies, the one already there with the details and a second one for sponsorship easily identifiable rather than people having to go into the main details thread and wade through pages and pages to find the sponsorship link pretty please Darren.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Perfect Brett.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This has dissapeared off the radar and is not on the main page. It is on £ 42 and has not moved forward for a week. Are we sure this is the best way to do it chaps ?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here