Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF - 30/4/2010 - The Official Details

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I can come along as a reference point and am happy to do so. We need to cover all angles.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
REMF 2010. The only thread you need to read...

...and that is a promise.

It is that time of year again when the fans (and a sprinkling of ex pros) of Brighton and Hove Albion and Crystal Palace get together to raise funds for charity.

Since it started in the wake of the attack on the World Trade Centre and the subsquent tragic death of popular Brighton fans Robert Eaton, the REMF has raised more than £70,000 and been named The Argus Charity of the Year.

The money has gone to a host of junior football clubs, including:

- Los Peladitos. A club for disadvantaged children in Queens, New York. The REMF provided them with a 3 year funding grant of 230 shirts, 150 balls and equipment.

- Seagulls Specials. The charity gave the club a £7,000 grant to help fund its work with handicapped and special needs people in the local community.

- Coaching for Hope. The charity which uses football to bring hope to the lives of Aids orphans in Mali was given £3,000.

- Another eight local youth teams in Brighton have been given kit and equipment and

- Goals sent out to impoverished kids in Camodia.

- A set of kit was sent to underpriviledged children in South Africa.

This years match takes place at Lewes FC's Dripping Pan stadia on FRIDAY APRIL 30, with a 7.45pm kick off.

Entry is £5 for adults and £2 for under 16s (but free if with an adult).

As well as the match there will be a bar, raffle and possible auction.

Brighton legend Ricky Marlowe has confirmed he will once again be turning out in the stripes and Peter Ward - who played last year - is flying over from his base in America for the game.

It should be a great night.

The Brighton team raised a huge amount last year by collecting sponsorship for the game. If anyone can spare a few coins you can sponsor them online at:

http://www.justgiving.com/remf2010

Also, you can join up on Facebook by visiting: http://www.facebook.com/login.php

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What about the main thread though. We will still have 2 thread ?. What we need is to put the link above on the 1st page of tha main thread I think.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There's a lot of updates and info on that thread though.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The mods asked for one with a nice clean first post detailing the achievements, match details, places to sponsor people online etc.

It is done.

As far as I can see all we are missing is a link to the downloads for Alan's posters...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a lot of updates and info on that thread though.

...in, as I've tried to indicate, a very shitty unfriendly format that will turn people off.

Thanks for the words Richie - I'll spruce up with some formatting and colour, wrap up any updates that have been missed and make a sticky.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No probs.

Oh and for anyone interested, here is how the matches have ended so far...

Remf 1 - CPFC
Remf 2 - CPFC
Remf 3 - BHAFC
Remf 4 - BHAFC win on pens
Remf 5 - BHAFC win on pens
Remf 6 - BHAFC win on pens
Remf 7 - BHAFC win on pens
Remf 8 - BHAFC win on pens

History would suggest punters can expect a dramatic penalty shoot-out...

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
What is missing from this thread is the details of the eagerly awaited REMF V Futbol De Top Boys rematch. Any info on when that will be happening?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
thanks for sorting that Richie :thumbsup:

This is the REMF poster as made by Al, get sticking it up everywhere you can people x

click on the pdf file under the poster to download it....

Attachments

• REMF9.pdf
    52.6 KB · Views: 89
  • remfposter.JPG
    remfposter.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 139

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
what shirts you playing in? I have a kit of yellow shirts, blue shorts and socks that the REMF team might be turning up in

I'm not sure, but quite a few of us have the Lille home kit (which we used for Pitch Invasion) so thats an option. If you have a spare kit I'm sure that would be much appreciated by all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here