Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What do you do with no money?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Advice needed.

I have got a crappy amount of money, approx £200 for the rest of the month. How do you have a good time on £50 a weekend considering i have been spending double that recently.
I realise one way is to stop drinking so much but that really isn't a serious option.

Cheers people.

On a side note i saw a guy at the bottom of Trafalgar Street on Saturday drinking Castrol and it didn't appeal to me so don't suggest that please.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
3 stellas and a bottle of beer should not be costing you £50 a week, prehaps a change of venue is in question

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sainsburys are doing 1 box of 24 Stella's 33ml bottles( the tall ones) for £12.00. that should keep you going in beer

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
same here, £200 approx left in the bank, couple of partys coming up :smokin:

Best bet is get a grate and a BBQ and your set :thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
One bbq so far this, on friday.
Only thing is all my mates enjoy going out, i think it might be a month of champ man and drinking daves suggestion of cheap stella. GOt a few dvds to watch aswell.

Might even try to give up drinking for a couple of weeks, haven't tried that for a while.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sounds suspiciously like Steve Coppell who posted this thread.

Trying desperately to do something great with no money at all.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Much sympathy for your plight, CTS, but as Tony Blair might say, there are no easy solutions. I'd be interested in hearing from people who have given up drinking for any serious period of time (ie more than a week). What's it like? Do you noticeably save money, or just spend it on other stuff? Do you lose weight? Does it affect you in other ways (utter misery springs to mind as one possible consequence). Do you stop seeing the people you normally only see when its to meet up for a few beers?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Tooting Gull said:
Much sympathy for your plight, CTS, but as Tony Blair might say, there are no easy solutions. I'd be interested in hearing from people who have given up drinking for any serious period of time (ie more than a week). What's it like? Do you noticeably save money, or just spend it on other stuff? Do you lose weight? Does it affect you in other ways (utter misery springs to mind as one possible consequence). Do you stop seeing the people you normally only see when its to meet up for a few beers?

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

:drink:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If you're skint down a two litre bottle of white lightning before going out, you'll only have about three pints on top of that and be so drunk you're ready for bed.

white lightning 2.99
Three pints 7.50
Kebab on the ay home £3

£15 for a night out, that means you can have thre eof them a week and still have a fiver for anything else.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Danny Seagull said:
You never seem to lose any weight though ;)

You just wait til u see the new me! i'm a whole 1½ stone lighter than i was at the REMF match! :lolol:

I do still eat Quiche though, cant be without that.

Le Tigre

Apr 6, 2008
Advice needed.

I have got a crappy amount of money, approx £200 for the rest of the month. How do you have a good time on £50 a weekend considering i have been spending double that recently.
I realise one way is to stop drinking so much but that really isn't a serious option.

Cheers people.

On a side note i saw a guy at the bottom of Trafalgar Street on Saturday drinking Castrol and it didn't appeal to me so don't suggest that please.

Drink in Witherspoons ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here