Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSF. The Origins Of Casuals In Brighton.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
and as more people enjoy it, the pisstakers get quieter! keep going cavern, good work

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Can someone explain what's cool about random violence?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
An Excerpt From Part 2 which I hope to post on Friday night. By the way I am not condoning
the events described in these recollections nor would I wish to glorify this behavior. I present it merely as a curio of the past.

"One time we invaded a game at Selhurst Park. It was 82 I think Palace at home to Sheffield Wednesday. It was decided this would be an ideal game to infiltrate Selhurst Park and cause mayhem. At Brighton Station we were an easy 100 lads. At Preston Park another forty. It had been planned for weeks in advance I remember an older guy Beaky a local face had been involved with the planning. It was all cloak and dagger nonsense with splitting up diversions at East Croydon and Selhurst Park to confuse the OB. The first kick off was at East Croydon. A firm of Palace boys were spotted on another platform and were called out.. The fight spanned across several platforms with scuffles breaking out everywhere. I saw a distress flare go whizzing across me to a fence where some Palace fans were climbing out. It was pandemonium. A by-stander was pummelled for whacking someone with his briefcase and Women were screaming. Beaky was furious. We had blown our cover already for a flash in the pan. But he need not have worried. What happened next at Selhurst Park would become infamous"

cheers

May I ask if this was actually Blackburn rovers? Last game of the Season?

thecavern

Jan 13, 2010
May I ask if this was actually Blackburn rovers? Last game of the Season?

You could be right my friend. . It was almost 30 years ago.

I was hoping for some
sharper minds than mine to tidy up some details.

This is the mad part. It's like the Football became secondary at times.

All the best.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside

I was hoping for some

All the best.

It was indeed blackburn, good read so far,always thought the main wsf were a small group of about 30 mainly from east part of brighton,always good on their patch in town on a saturday night when we had visitors,keep it coming many memories:thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

I was hoping for some

All the best.

Well that summer I was on the piss in the Isle of Man when their football festival was on and cutting a long story short I went to a couple of games with some Rovers fans. anyway, one day in the pub the conversation went on to football rivals and I said our were Palace.

Then they told me something really strange. Thier last game of the season was Palace away now back then Rovers only took a few 100 away and most new each other aND they said they didn't have any top boys of note.

Anyway they said after about 5 minutes after kick off a couple of 100 lads went in the Homesdale road stand(I think, its the one along the touchline opposite the tunnel), he said about 5 minutes later it all kicked off and did for most of the game. He said then Blackburn played shit so they watched all the rucks. He asked me wether it was our lot.(I seem to remember him saying the exits were opened in the second half and all those ejected came in again and it kicked of bigtime again), old bill were not expecting anything from that fixture so were few in number

I said I didn't know, our last game was against Newcastle away(I think, or a club along way north) so it could be our boys seeing if it was a pointless away game.

My memories a bit hazy plus I was pissed up on cheap beer but these details can be checked.

:)

thecavern

Jan 13, 2010
Looney, what you have added here has
made my evening. Grateful for the feedback.

cheers,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here