Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WSF. The Origins Of Casuals In Brighton.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
can you read?
as a bosun boy with loads of mates from the burrell arms,maytree and the eclipse i have an idea of what we could do. the point I made is that at the Goldstone we could rely on locals who supported the london teams to turn out for the "big games",that we could put up a good show against top sides but struggled against smaller clubs with a bit of clout.
ah my old local for many years,your know a few of the chelsea lads then

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That's right you would have to be pretty daft to commit armed robbery,
bare faced and sporting a distinctive crucifix (home-made) tattoo.

The sad fact was that this person was in the throes of a serious mental illness.

Look I realise the flamers will be out for this one, but if I inform anyone who has a genuine interest in the subject matter I will leave well pleased.

Speak soon.

I was about to ask if the schools had gone back, then...

...or, his mum told him to turn off his computer and go to bed, school re-opens tomorrow!

Yes I do, now f*** off, child.

:laugh::lolol::laugh:

D

Deleted User X18H

This is gonna get right nasty. I had brekky down at Divalls this morning with Eddy, Teddy, Freddy, Big John, Little John, Mastero George, Aquascutum Joe, Farahs' Barry, the Mears and Theo Bald.

West Street rules are being broken everyone wants to know who the geezer 'spillin' is! Some reckon its Scouse Sidney or one removed Josh.

Anyway there is a meeting down the Co-op in London Road at 3.30pm

Dress Code - Red Lyle and Scott

Last edited:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
This is gonna get right nasty. I had brekky down at Divalls this morning with Eddy, Teddy, Freddy, Big John, Little John, Mastero George, Aquascutum Joe, Farahs' Barry, the Mears and Theo Bald.

West Street rules are being broken everyone wants to know who the geezer 'spillin' is some reckon its Scouse Sidney or one removed Josh.

red lyle and scott sooooooo last season

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I like my L & S in navy or mushroom, red doesn't sit well with my complexion and puts at least 2 lbs on me

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

West Street rules are being broken everyone wants to know who the geezer 'spillin' is! Some reckon its Scouse Sidney or one removed Josh.

Timmy you silly boy you have to deliver the Leader this afternoon

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Titanic! Titanic tit more like, it happened it is part of football like it or not.

Why are there so many total twats on this site with the little in jokes and clique ramblings it really is boring and one of the main reasons why I and many others don't bother with this site any more.

the original poster said if your not interested he apoligises but you could not resist it you could you?

What rapier wit!

Clique... don't make me laugh.

I'm sure you are sadly missed.

No.

Great thread by the way... I just can't wait for the exciting history lessons, analysis and revelations about Brighton's 'casual' history.

thecavern

Jan 13, 2010
In my hand is a photograph. Though the image is faded what I see remains
Clearly stamped upon my memory. It is the top deck of an old Brighton blue bus.
The bus is crowded with
Young men smiling across the decades, Locked for perpetuity into a frieze of eighties urban culture.
Sprawled across the seats the clothing stands out like a sore thumb to anyone
Who was part of that much maligned Terrace culture of the 80’s.
Gabbicci suede fronted cardigans, Farah hopsack trousers, Pringle sport
V necks , Kicker boots , a roll neck with a small Fila F on the collar. One
Lad, Darren Lyons, now long ago departed, holds his cigarette playfully over the head of a lone female (pretty) gamely sitting still despite the slightly intimidating audience.
It was a time that will never come again (as all are) the cusp of a new sub-culture
emerging from the train wreck of sub-cultures, cold left-overs from the decade that taste forgot, the seventies.
It is not going to be easy, and I anticipate a few snide comments from those who missed this bus, but I am willing to open up my memory bank and share it with you, if you want to come long for the ride.

I will begin tonight. You will not be disappointed.

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
In my hand is a photograph. Though the image is faded what I see remains

ct5_casuals_r13_c11.gif

I will begin tonight. You will not be disappointed.
I doubt it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn't realise Darren Lyons had died, when was that ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here