Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nothing, just nothing in Findon. Off to watch Sir Nigel Farage on Question Time instead.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's -0.6c here and raining. The roads are going to be like ice rinks in the morning. Freezing Rain!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Turn the lights out before you leave. It's over.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The BBC seem to make a little more of a drama of this than it really is IMO

I saw that there was a TWO hour LIVE snow watch programme on channel 5 tonight. Didn't watch it but Christ what on earth did they fill those two hours with!? I know it's been a lot worse elsewhere but blimey we love to make so much drama out of stuff here. I also saw a link to NHS advice advising us to walk like penguins in snow to reduce the chance of slipping. :ffsparr:

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Clear skies here now. Another pathetic dusting, 5 -10 cm predicted with this amber warning and yet again it fails to deliver. Will no likely be the same outcome tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Well this cold spell in 2018 for us down here will be more remembered for cold and wind chill than snow, not a patch on 2010 for snow IMO.
Coldness 9/10
Snow 3/10

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I saw that there was a TWO hour LIVE snow watch programme on channel 5 tonight. Didn't watch it but Christ what on earth did they fill those two hours with!? I know it's been a lot worse elsewhere but blimey we love to make so much drama out of stuff here. I also saw a link to NHS advice advising us to walk like penguins in snow to reduce the chance of slipping. :ffsparr:

45 minutes of zzzz adverts?

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Well this cold spell in 2018 for us down here will be more remembered for cold and wind chill than snow, not a patch on 2010 for snow IMO.
Coldness 9/10
Snow 3/10
I'd give the snow a 0.5 Pathetic. 2010 was great, just over 7 bloody years ago though......

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
I'd give the snow a 0.5 Pathetic. 2010 was great, just over 7 bloody years ago though......

I gave it the 3/10 for all sussex, rural parts of east sussex on the kent border did get a fair bit, but yeah it has been a real let down most other places in sussex. Like most years

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It’s simply mild SE England, unfortunately, for snow lovers like me. We saw virtually no snow from about 1992 to 2008.

Sunniest county in the UK though (even though it doesnt feel like it at times!). Can't have it all, i spose. Like you I love a bit of snow though so this week has been a real disappointment after what was forecast

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
I gave it the 3/10 for all sussex, rural parts of east sussex on the kent border did get a fair bit, but yeah it has been a real let down most other places in sussex. Like most years
Yeah I was more refering to the dead zone along the coast from Eastbourne to Worthing, I swear that stretch of coastline has to be the least likely place in the country to receive any significant snow in recent years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here