Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
from last year

Level 5 = Oh my god! Double Flumping - 20m or less visibility
Level 4 = Heavy snow - Flumping - 20m - 100m visibility
Level 3 = Medium intensity
Level 2 = Flizzle - Light snow falling consistently...
Level 1?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well we've had some stonking model runs over the last 24 hours,about time they flipped back to wet, windy weather this evening and see everyone explode with rage. Until tomorrows runs show cold back on the menu! It's literally like that at the moment. Although knowing what a LP does around the Eastern Seaboard in the US in the next 24 hours will help confirm what's going to happen for us later on!

Yes please.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
from last year

Level 1?

I believe there was a size scale as well.

I think we're on a Level 2 medium here.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Yes please.

Sorry mate, they're still showing cold!

In fact the UKMet Model has now joined the party! This is key as without the UKMet on board, there is always big doubt. Obviously still can't say for sure about the Easterly but at the moment all models are showing the same thing. Will be interesting now to see if this is consistent over the weekend.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sorry mate, they're still showing cold!

In fact the UKMet Model has now joined the party! This is key as without the UKMet on board, there is always big doubt. Obviously still can't say for sure about the Easterly but at the moment all models are showing the same thing. Will be interesting now to see if this is consistent over the weekend.
Haha, yes. Don't personally want the cold for a variety of reasons, but Netweather is fun to read ATM! I do love the snow mind.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
The goons on netweather are going berserk. Everything in ‘10 days time’ obvs.

I’ll stick to the more rationale posts here...

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The goons on netweather are going berserk. Everything in ‘10 days time’ obvs.

I’ll stick to the more rationale posts here...

I don't go on there, but can I guess what they're saying?

I bet some are complaining that some runs are introducing mild air from the south in week 2, whilst many more have seen the GFS Parallel run and have just exploded in weather orgasmic joy.

Maybe a couple are moaning able the ICON model?

Am I close?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Who said it would happen from yesterday? The proper cold has always been for after the 21st Jan, for an initial attempt at snow, and then another shot at it later Jan into Feb.

You're also located in one of the worst possible places to get the real cold / snow - right on the south coast. Of course you're not going to see the best of the cold weather. Doesn't mean the rest of us who live in better locations are also going to miss out. And even for you, you wouldn't have needed to travel far in last year's event to experience some multi-inch deep lying snow.

Spot on with all points.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
from last year

Level 1?

I thought level 1 was sleet or lumpy rain?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It snowed hard briefly in Liverpool at lunch time today, but didn't stick and quickly turned to rain. Slight drizzle outside now.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's piling up here. Send help!

20190118_215723.jpg

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I don't go on there, but can I guess what they're saying?

I bet some are complaining that some runs are introducing mild air from the south in week 2, whilst many more have seen the GFS Parallel run and have just exploded in weather orgasmic joy.

Maybe a couple are moaning able the ICON model?

Am I close?

Well, I can't follow most of it but after talking about 'snowmeggedon' this afternoon and 'the best charts posted in the internet era' a - apparently - bad 'ECM' model run this evening and the samaritans are now monitoring the thread

Still, they're 100% sure that the snow will be here in 6 weeks time

propper

Dec 29, 2018
GFS 18z run is a corker with frigid air to the east primed and ready to swathe the country in the latter stages of the run.

ps, delighted to see a weather thread on here given I post frequently on TWO and netweather (not one of the dramatists though!) and run a forecasting page for Sheffield.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
GFS 18z run is a corker with frigid air to the east primed and ready to swathe the country in the latter stages of the run.

ps, delighted to see a weather thread on here given I post frequently on TWO and netweather (not one of the dramatists though!) and run a forecasting page for Sheffield.

Welcome from a fellow TWO member and poster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here