Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Country file forecast shows 7 to 8 c all week but still say how cold it will be next week. I don't understand

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So absolutely zero chance of any snow next week down here

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How can it snow if it is 7 c ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It dropped to 4C in Findon today and was hailing but some way away from snow conditions.

Yoda

English & European
The 18z GFS coming out now is slightly more hopeful for Friday evening. There'll be a band of rain moving through with sleet then snow on its trailing edge. Although probably won't settle due to the ground being so wet from before. :(

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
The 18z GFS coming out now is slightly more hopeful for Friday evening. There'll be a band of rain moving through with sleet then snow on its trailing edge. Although probably won't settle due to the ground being so wet from before. :(

I liked the 18z GFS, it's the first GFS run for ages that keeps the cold air past next weekend :).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This pattern has continued this morning with colder runs from all models. However each one has its own interpretation so still very uncertain. Snow chances have increased for some this morning.

Yes. Both interesting and frustrating in equal measure

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am bewildered. 8 c this week is being described by the BBC as bitterly cold. Average temp is 6 to 7 c

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am bewildered. 8 c this week is being described by the BBC as bitterly cold. Average temp is 6 to 7 c

Although I agree that there is no weather yet that could be described as 'bitterly cold', there doesnt seem to be any weather past Wednesday that could be described as 8c either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here