Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Facebook "memories" has just reminded me there was plenty of snow 6 years ago today!

mistysnow.jpg

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Rather than start another incredulous thread I will post this here.

Warm? I live in Kent. I had Echiums in my garden. They normally die off in September. This year I have three that are still alive. In January. Not only that, they are still in flower. And a couple of days ago there were bees on the fowers. BEES. In JANUARY. I'll upload a piccy later if household chores permit.

My Echiums at work are growing lovely. They were last years sowings so unless they get severely knocked back soon, we should see some flowers this year. I've got an apple tree in flower too !!!!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Thanks. She is a Jack Russell cross, but nobody knows what she was crossed with! She's a rescue dog we got from Raystede.
Thank you for that, she is lovely, what a great picture in the snow. Shame you are not sure what the cross is. We are looking at the moment, hence the question. Cheers anyway.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not looking good is it. Unless you are a daffodil that seems to think spring is already here.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I'm really trying to get to grips with output more these days and have been following many weather experts on Twitter and it all just seems uncertain.

US is simply hoping that despite the uncertainty that the atmosphere reverts to type for this year but the uncertainty of all output seems less conclusive to me and that its on a knife edge.

Accuracy increases something like threefold within five days of any event like this but here we are with zero agreement and massive divergence.

All to play for

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not a fan of snow days as I have to take unpaid leave, and also hate them if they mess up the fooball.

But the odd Sunday snow flurry is welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here