Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Burgess Hill update - was 12cm an hour ago and its been snowing heavily since then.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
All B&H buses now pulled...

noticed at the bus stop this morning that they were all heading into SHoreham town but not coming out again! got home and sure enough nothing going towards Brighton and that was long before this latest snowfall.

Loads in Mile Oak

excellent...car stays there then!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Another load falling here in Curdridge as I post. Jnrs school in Southampton closed. School buses can't run.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
About 4 inches here in Woking overnight and just starting to snow again today. Transport system is a complete mess and the schools are closed, if you head west towards Basingstoke then its even worse.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
None in shoreham, but my school is still closed :yahoo:

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Quite a fair bit of snow in Eastbourne, not settling though :tantrum:as too wet on ground. Just drove into college, to find it was of, aswell. Very sketchy roads, sliding all over the place.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Conversations with strangers about the weather are expected to become even more tedious thanks to heavy snow fall in the south-east over the last 24 hours.

“What about this weather, eh?” has long been the staple fall-back question for awkward silences among strangers forced together for short periods of time.

However, recent heavy snowfall has ensured the subsequent conversations will be considerably more involved and significantly less interesting than normally expected at this time of year.

Forecasters are predicting the standard of conversation to get worse over the weekend, peaking on Sunday at levels of tear-inducing banality not seen since November last year.

Reports suggest that standard responses to weather conversations such as, “It is a bit cold isn’t it,” or “I hope it gets better by the weekend,” are being replaced by lengthy diatribes about the effect a bit of frozen rain has had on the lives.

One London commuter told us, “I mentioned the snow to one guy on the train this morning and he spent fifteen minutes regaling me of the seemingly Herculean efforts he had made to get into work.”

“Honestly, it was so dull I considered self-harming just to make the pain in my ears go away.”

“If you can’t respond with a couple of well-worn weather-based platitudes, then I’m not interested in talking to you.”

Stories of one-upmanship among commuters has filtered through with work based weather conversations showing rapidly escalating levels of tedium.

“I went for a coffee and I overheard three people arguing over who had struggled the most to get into work that morning.”

“One had to dig himself out of his house, one had walked two miles in the snow, I’m not sure about the third one, I zoned out by that point - I only came to when Sally from accounts shook me awake half an hour later.”

Weather commentators have explained the phenomenon of excruciatingly dull snow conversations, saying, “Unlike the Eskimos, we only have one word for snow, and that’s because it’s f***ing boring.”

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Conversations with strangers about the weather are expected to become even more tedious thanks to heavy snow fall in the south-east over the last 24 hours.

“What about this weather, eh?” has long been the staple fall-back question for awkward silences among strangers forced together for short periods of time.

However, recent heavy snowfall has ensured the subsequent conversations will be considerably more involved and significantly less interesting than normally expected at this time of year.

Forecasters are predicting the standard of conversation to get worse over the weekend, peaking on Sunday at levels of tear-inducing banality not seen since November last year.

Reports suggest that standard responses to weather conversations such as, “It is a bit cold isn’t it,” or “I hope it gets better by the weekend,” are being replaced by lengthy diatribes about the effect a bit of frozen rain has had on the lives.

One London commuter told us, “I mentioned the snow to one guy on the train this morning and he spent fifteen minutes regaling me of the seemingly Herculean efforts he had made to get into work.”

“Honestly, it was so dull I considered self-harming just to make the pain in my ears go away.”

“If you can’t respond with a couple of well-worn weather-based platitudes, then I’m not interested in talking to you.”

Stories of one-upmanship among commuters has filtered through with work based weather conversations showing rapidly escalating levels of tedium.

“I went for a coffee and I overheard three people arguing over who had struggled the most to get into work that morning.”

“One had to dig himself out of his house, one had walked two miles in the snow, I’m not sure about the third one, I zoned out by that point - I only came to when Sally from accounts shook me awake half an hour later.”

Weather commentators have explained the phenomenon of excruciatingly dull snow conversations, saying, “Unlike the Eskimos, we only have one word for snow, and that’s because it’s f***ing boring.”

:clap2::clap2:
Very good
We don't do snow very well down here:down:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Heavy in Lewes now. Just been sledging on the Downs behind. Only problem is we have no leccy so am relying on portable DAB for the cricket. Missus tried to drive into Brighton with eldest son who goes to BHASVIC but only made it just past the prison before having to leave car at friends house and now walking back.
Enjoy. PG

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
how quick it can change?

drove from peacehaven into brighton at 8.30 south coast road all clear. first job was in hanover and i then got stuck on elm grove for an hour.
now back at home with a nice cuppa

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
We've got f*** all snow were I am, but my girlfriend who lives in Willingdon, only 5/10 minutes away, is basically snowed in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here