Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Had a shock when I looked out of my bedroom window this morning. A good 4/5 inches of snow.
5c045499af054e47bd483504f3fe2337.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope not. Would be rain for here most likely. Now's the time to think of spring sunshine and longer days.

So, is it safe to unwrap my Echiums?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So, is it safe to unwrap my Echiums?

Pretty grim Spring so far, down here the grounds too cold and wet to plant anything much,usually I'd have Carrots, Parsnips, Beetroot and some early Lettuce in by now.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
When are we gonna get a heatwave Papa??

There is a view that the impact of the SSW will keep it unsettled and cool for a while yet.

The ECM run tonight does indeed produce some very cold air.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Started up grass cutting this week ....I dont exoect much growth by the time I see the same customers in a fortnight....gut feeling that Winters not finished yet

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Started up grass cutting this week ....I didn’t not exoect much growth by the time I see the same customers in a fortnight....gut feeling that Winters not finished yet

It seems that your gut feeling might be correct.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lol colder from a pretty high base ...you will be lucky to get snow down here in November...personally I do think we will have a cold Winter this time if only based on the law of averages and the fact that the Express hasn’t forecast Armageddon

Post from October ....bit of gut in that one too...not consistently cold...but for me it’s felt colder this time and we did have an early cold spell at the beginning of December

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Papa, tell us more about this new cold front, twitter all over it and saying upper temps -13 for the South, can you explain in English what this means to us? I thought winter was slowly leaving us........has it a sting in its tail?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So is the"beast from the east part 2" really on the card's?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It certainly looks like we may see a shortish but potent cold spell - which could start as early as Saturday (but more likely from Sunday) in the East.

If it occurs I'd expect to see snow at times, cold temps and a strong Easterly / NE wind. I'd expect it to last 2-3 days and end with frosts as pressure builds from the NW.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It certainly looks like we may see a shortish but potent cold spell - which could start as early as Saturday (but more likely from Sunday) in the East.

If it occurs I'd expect to see snow at times, cold temps and a strong Easterly / NE wind. I'd expect it to last 2-3 days and end with frosts as pressure builds from the NW.

Potential dodgy trip back from Manchester ahead then ??

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here