Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
With temps below zero snow can still sublimate (go from solid/ice to vapour without a liquid state), but for most of us it's a proper thaw today- it's 2.1C here and the sun's out.

Think it was sublimating here in Uckfield. Temps are sub-zero, but the snow on the local cars is all starting to fall off since the sun came out. Some of it is quite artistic as it's not fallen all the way off, or only gone from one half a rear window and not the other half.

Clouding over a bit again now with a few cheeky flakes falling. Looking at the radar we're catching the edge of a small shower that passed over Heathfield and heading for Lewes then Brighton.

One benefit that can come out of snow like this: looking around our area I can clearly see which houses need to get their lofts insulated better!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So are we done now till the next potential storm Thursday/Friday?

Definitely thawing in my garden at the moment.

All day Friday from 6am:

IMG_2423.PNG

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Think it was sublimating here in Uckfield. Temps are sub-zero, but the snow on the local cars is all starting to fall off since the sun came out. Some of it is quite artistic as it's not fallen all the way off, or only gone from one half a rear window and not the other half.

Clouding over a bit again now with a few cheeky flakes falling. Looking at the radar we're catching the edge of a small shower that passed over Heathfield and heading for Lewes then Brighton.

One benefit that can come out of snow like this: looking around our area I can clearly see which houses need to get their lofts insulated better!

They're probably the ones growing cannabis in the loftspace.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There a a few little showers running through Newhaven currently.

There is a chance of some more tonight... will need to see what the wind direction is 1st.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• Royal Pav Snow.JPG
    Royal Pav Snow.JPG
    315.1 KB · Views: 252

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I was out and about in Worthing earlier, and if the same snow fall was happening at night there probably would have been a few inches settled. A couple of degrees above 0C and the sun makes all the difference I guess.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here