Bath, Somerset.
snow.JPG
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This cold seems to be getting put back day after day. BBC lunchtime have 8 c today 7 c tomorrow 6 c friday 7 c saturday and 6 c sunday, that is around average for the time of year. Also they have now said the real cold is now going to sink further south into france so we will just get some residual coldish air

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Most of the personal development theories I work with are underpinned by the idea that you should add value to others. The posts of Papa and others who interpret the weather models for the rest of us certainly do that, and we appreciate it. I am not sure that your posts add any value at all - rather try to de-value what others are constructively adding.

I really hope the models and forecasts are correct and we see plenty of cold and snow next week, but this post is more about you. Next time you go to post please ask yourself whether what you are about to write adds any value for anyone. If not, ask yourself what is your motivation for posting it, and consider whether you should really bother.

Add value ? I have just posted the facts. Ok then I agree we will get about 2 feet of snow next week, lets all have a collective

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Add value ? I have just posted the facts. Ok then I agree we will get about 2 feet of snow next week, lets all have a collective

Personally I'm happy when you are being pessimistic, keeps us snow dreamers in touch with reality.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This cold seems to be getting put back day after day. BBC lunchtime have 8 c today 7 c tomorrow 6 c friday 7 c saturday and 6 c sunday, that is around average for the time of year. Also they have now said the real cold is now going to sink further south into france so we will just get some residual coldish air

pisses over everyones fireworks.

Not sure the BBC that reliable. In fact least reliable of all sources I use

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The BBC saying the really cold air may either go to the south of us in France or over the UK.

Is there any weather experts here that could predict the odds on that at the moment?

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I'm desperate for a decent amount of snow so my kids can see it and play in it for the first time. However I'm losing confidence that it will arrive as it keeps being put back!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
The BBC saying the really cold air may either go to the south of us in France or over the UK.

Is there any weather experts here that could predict the odds on that at the moment?

I would say it's 50/50 at the moment, however even if the really cold air goes to France, we (at the moment) are still cold enough for snow. This isn't going to be firmed up till about Fri/Sat as to where that Frigid Russian cold air is going.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Latest Netweather output suggesting next Thursday is the main day now.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden

Posting facts that are meaningless as usual. So the temperature this week is 8 degrees, or what. The models and posters that understand them point to cold and maybe snow. Remember that the facts are that it hasn't snowed in newhaven in the last 9 years, a period covering 2010 and 2013 FACT.

Yoda

English & European
The latest GFS op isn't as great for us. Has a few days bitterly cold easterly with the chance of lake effect snow but the cold then missing out rather quickly for the standard South/South Westerlies.

On the plus side, the op run is with the minority of ensembles and most are still going with a longer period of cold.

graphe3_1000_297_179___.gif

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Posting facts that are meaningless as usual. So the temperature this week is 8 degrees, or what. The models and posters that understand them point to cold and maybe snow. Remember that the facts are that it hasn't snowed in newhaven in the last 9 years, a period covering 2010 and 2013 FACT.

Are you stalking me, alarming you know my exact whereabouts the last 9 years ? Also READ the post, the other person was referring to snow in March not snow at anytime. Get some glasses

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't know if the night shift have just clocked on..but clicking on the Met Office site for Shoreham next Tuesday ...the snow they forecast at 3pm has now been shifted to 6am within five seconds :moo:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I actually now worried that we are going to miss this, through my very naïve knowledge of the weather, but looking at all the charts and wed sites that have been posted on here by PAPA, now seen to indicate that tis much further south than previously thought and we are going to be cold but no snow......

am I right

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I actually now worried that we are going to miss this, through my very naïve knowledge of the weather, but looking at all the charts and wed sites that have been posted on here by PAPA, now seen to indicate that tis much further south than previously thought and we are going to be cold but no snow......

am I right

I wouldn’t rule snow out, personally!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here