Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
2010 being a very good example of this.

A good example of getting it right.

For this one, I feel the upper temps are a little higher, the wind speeds are slightly lower and of course we're a little later in the year. All suggesting it's not going to be like 2010 :(

We shall see what falls from the sky....

Midsussex

Apr 10, 2012
Fax as in Fax?

Weatherfax as opposed to conventional fax machines. Weather maps etc are transmitted by radio to ships at sea and received on weather fax machines such as this:
W fax_410_main_001.jpg

Being used less and less now due to satellite comms, but still available.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Yellow weather warning for snow and ice Sunday into Monday now.
From what I’ve seen and read am I right in thinking here, the weather men are not really sure what will actually fall in terms or rain, sleet or snow or where in the south east it will do so but there is an half decent chance we will see some snowfall even though it would potentially be an insignificant amount.
Tuesday onwards seems the same with weather heading from the West turning to snow but the front looks like it would pretty pathetic by the time it reaches the southeast corner anyway and even then as much chance or rain as there is snow.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is another non event. The next few days and nights will be dry with max day 5 c and min night 0 c but no snow is showing anywhere in the forecasts. It will be milder by the end of the week and 9 c. The beast from the east is I am afraid a pussy

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is another non event. The next few days and nights will be dry with max day 5 c and min night 0 c but no snow is showing anywhere in the forecasts. It will be milder by the end of the week and 9 c. The beast from the east is I am afraid a pussy

They had snow in Eastbourne this morning.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The much discussed Sudden Stratospheric Warming event is approaching. Although it doesn't guarantee cold or snow here it will disrupt the polar vortex, and if we're in the right place CAN lead to a cold easterly here.

This brilliant animation shows the current forecast. What this is suggesting is a reversal of the usual zonal winds (West to East) and a cold plunge from the NE.

[tweet]959889607956549632[/tweet]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
1st sighting of flip flops this morning :sick:, no matter what time of year it is these things should be outlawed and the wearers deported to Australia like the good old days .

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

BBC has snow all morning tomorrow. And it's cold enough.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
10 minute snow shower in Burgess Hill about 7am when I was on the way back from Gatwick. Quite a few cars on the road with snow on them

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
10 minute snow shower in Burgess Hill about 7am when I was on the way back from Gatwick. Quite a few cars on the road with snow on them

On the commute to London the only snow I saw was Burgess hill to Haywards Heath.

Just had a heavy snow shower at Canary Wharf.

I'd imagine the coastal strip folkestone to Eastbourne is getting heavy snow now under a streamer

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Had snow coming down between Uckfield and East Grinstead on the A22 this morning. Hard enough that the road surface was turning white where there wasn't enough traffic to clear it. Nutley was getting it the hardest. Completely clear by the time I got to the M25, currently bright and sunny where I am near Heathrow.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Doesn't look like anything is going to make it in our direction. Thursday/Friday maybe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here