Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
After some blizzard like conditions in a Findon it is now turning quickly to slush. Bye bye my friend.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
ff1a5403c568e4352f0cb93987312e2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This weekend possible?

It's very hard to call. If you believe the Euro models (ECM & GEM) it's probably a yes, but the GFS and its Ensemble says an emphatic no.

Plus Europe is unusually mild atm.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
It's very hard to call. If you believe the Euro models (ECM & GEM) it's probably a yes, but the GFS and its Ensemble says an emphatic no.

Plus Europe is unusually mild atm.

Ive been keeping my beedy eye on this for a couple of years now:

http://www.aer.com/science-research/climate-weather/arctic-oscillation

Seems to have a bit more of a view on UK weather impacts as well now (previously and understandably focused on the US impacts mainly. Suggesting a real meteorological cross roads for Winter prospects and not entirely linked to a PV disruption. Fascinating reading now that I can understand the relative impacts of each of the major contributory factors.

Overall suggesting we might see a colder than average mid Jan to March with potential for more widespread snow prospects. Let's hope so.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ive been keeping my beedy eye on this for a couple of years now:

http://www.aer.com/science-research/climate-weather/arctic-oscillation

Seems to have a bit more of a view on UK weather impacts as well now (previously and understandably focused on the US impacts mainly. Suggesting a real meteorological cross roads for Winter prospects and not entirely linked to a PV disruption. Fascinating reading now that I can understand the relative impacts of each of the major contributory factors.

Overall suggesting we might see a colder than average mid Jan to March with potential for more widespread snow prospects. Let's hope so.

Interesting. The GEFS signal however is far from clear

graphe_ens3_uhm7.gif

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
North East corridor of the States getting hit by Winter Storm Grayson (who comes up with these names, Humphries next?) with NYC expecting 5-8" and cities further north like Boston expecting 12-18" and winds up to 80 mph - nasty

jan 17 3.jpg

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Snowblower gassed up and ready, back up generator primed. Kids home from college... dammit sleeping. And I bought them new snow shovels to...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
North East corridor of the States getting hit by Winter Storm Grayson (who comes up with these names, Humphries next?) with NYC expecting 5-8" and cities further north like Boston expecting 12-18" and winds up to 80 mph - nasty

View attachment 92544

Blimey must be nasty, it’s literally turned the place upside down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here