Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think Saturday's snow will be patchy, whereas the snow forecast from late morning on Sunday promises to be more organised.

So, flying back from Manchester to LHR, and a subsequent drive back to Sussex on Sunday lunchtime, could be troublesome?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, flying back from Manchester to LHR, and a subsequent drive back to Sussex on Sunday lunchtime, could be troublesome?

Yes, it could. That would be the 'top' end of the possible outcomes. The most likely is a couple of centimeters widely and perhaps more for the SE corner (Kent, East Sussex, perhaps towards Worthing). The problem will be the temperatures, as it's going to be at or below 0c for most, if not all, of the day, so anything that falls has the potential to settle.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can we have the 'US' view that this is going to be another disappointment, just to get both opinions on this latest beast from the east.

Cold rain and 2 c

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We ALL know the front will slip to the west and deliver the square root of fck all like it did last time. Cold and dreary Sunday 5 c cold rain

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
We ALL know the front will slip to the west and deliver the square root of fck all like it did last time. Cold and dreary Sunday 5 c cold rain

Excellent, keep up the good work.

Would hate but love the irony of getting snow in Sussex whilst we are all in Manchester.

Yoda

English & European
This morning's models show a snow spike later on Saturday as a cold front passes through and another Sunday. Could be interesting.

View attachment 95164
The, err, 18z is slightly, oh my, better. :ohmy:
snow.PNG

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The forecast today now shows nothing for tomorrow or Sunday

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Odd you should say that US. I checked and THIS is the latest Met Office forecast

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
And one of the higher res / shorter range models shows 2 pulses of snow (as [MENTION=1933]Yoda[/MENTION] s chart also shows)

tempresult_oae6.gif

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oh Jesus no! I don't think my pipes will survive another mauling by that bloody Russian snow. Had no hot water for most of the last cold snap. I think I will leave the hot tap running all day to stop it happening again.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Oh Jesus no! I don't think my pipes will survive another mauling by that bloody Russian snow. Had no hot water for most of the last cold snap. I think I will leave the hot tap running all day to stop it happening again.

Tantalisingly close to being some sort of giant grotesque euphemism, but ultimately actually a story about your boiler.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
There seems to be a lot of uncertainty on the TV forecasts. They won't commit to saying yes or no about this potentially heavy snow. Very vague forecasts on the BBC this morning.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
And one of the higher res / shorter range models shows 2 pulses of snow (as [MENTION=1933]Yoda[/MENTION] s chart also shows)

tempresult_oae6.gif

Hi Papa,

There are some murmurings on Netweather about a potential, further cold set-up for the end of March as well. It seems this SSW has really set the cat amongst the pigeons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here