Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Can I just point out that its been flumping down in south-west Cornwall for four hours now. This is the first settling snow we've had in western Cornwall for seven years :clap:

Nope you can't. It's currently 14C on positively tropical on the Newhaven Riviera and winter is over. :p

We'll have none of that snow talk on here.

Unless you've got photos - I'm a sucker for snow photos.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can I just point out that its been flumping down in south-west Cornwall for four hours now. This is the first settling snow we've had in western Cornwall for seven years :clap:

Pleased for you, but booooo for the rest of us.

Pics please, we need more snow pics to record these monumental events!

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The latest GFS ensemble has edged up the snow chances on Friday

graphe_ens3_ixr5.gif

Plus still a signal for snow tomorrow morning.

And cold still showing longer term, but the days are getting longer and the sun stronger. Too Late?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Plus for places like Eastbourne, Hastings and Newhaven, along the SE facing coastal strip, the GFS is showing a signal for snow from this evening through to tomorrow, which will probably be a streamer like yesterday as the decaying front peps up as it drags in moisture off the NS.

graphe_ens3_izm9.gif

Yoda

English & European
BBC's 4-week forecast predicting a 'Scandinavian High' becoming established next week, feeding in bitterly cold easterly winds and snow showers.

Bring it on :thumbsup:

"Later in the period, models are also increasingly showing signs that the high pressure system centred over the Azores may interact with high pressure positioned over Scandinavia. Such an eventuality would result in further cold and often dry weather, with frosty nights. The intensity of the cold will likely become greater with time though as very cold, continental air filters in over the UK driven by biting easterly winds. Snow showers may also become prevalent across mainly eastern regions of the UK at times."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/outlook

Sadly I think they may have to back track from that, as there's little in the publically available data to support it. I HOPE their internal data shows a strong signal for this. One possible thing in our favour (those who like cold & snow) is the response to the SSW is hard to predict, so there is a 'tipping point' which will decide which way it goes (Northern Blocking and cold, or Westerly mess)

The 12z GFS is now picking up on the possibility of the Scandi High.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The 12z GFS is now picking up on the possibility of the Scandi High.

This thread is a triumph of hope over experience !

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Was Oop North (Wirral) for a family funeral today and it snowed quite heavily for a couple of hours but it wouldn't settle. Presume the ground is still too warm?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
BN14 appears reminiscent of a thin layer of dust on a Snooker ball.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Dusting but expecting schools to be closed trains to cancelled and buses not serving the hilly parts of the city.

Nothing left to do but try and build a snowman before the snow melts away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here