Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Somehow can't get that worried about a Winter storm called Benji

NYC SNOW.JPG

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Looks to me like a non event here. Shame cause it looks like if things were slightly different we'd be seeing snow saturday night into sunday

So often the way over the years. "If only the low pressure system tracked two hundred miles to the south, we would get the snow and not rain", or "if only it was a couple of degrees c lower and this torrential rain would be a blizzard".

Settled snow in southern England is a rarity, especially since 1970 with significantly milder winters.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
A very light dusting overnight in Huddersfield.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So often the way over the years. "If only the low pressure system tracked two hundred miles to the south, we would get the snow and not rain", or "if only it was a couple of degrees c lower and this torrential rain would be a blizzard".

Settled snow in southern England is a rarity, especially since 1970 with significantly milder winters.

Snow near the south coast is a once in ten years occurance now, we never have the conditions for it as it is so warm down here. It is like a separate country, tomorrow it will be 10C here with heavy rain and 0C and heavy snow 200 miles north, same monday and weds will be 11c here , nothing at all cold here anywhere in the middle range forecasts. Europe is still very mild which is the only way we can get snow now so even an easterly would not do it. Cannot see this winter being any different to the ones from 2010 the last time we had snow

Stumpy Tim

Snow near the south coast is a once in ten years occurance now, we never have the conditions for it as it is so warm down here. It is like a separate country, tomorrow it will be 10C here with heavy rain and 0C and heavy snow 200 miles north, same monday and weds will be 11c here , nothing at all cold here anywhere in the middle range forecasts. Europe is still very mild which is the only way we can get snow now so even an easterly would not do it. Cannot see this winter being any different to the ones from 2010 the last time we had snow

I moved back from Australia in 2011 and we've definitely had snow twice since then - once in May bizarrely

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I moved back from Australia in 2011 and we've definitely had snow twice since then - once in May bizarrely

A few showers Tim. No lying snow here since 12/10

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’ve just landed in Innsbruck and its -2c with good snow, -9c in the resort we’re heading to.

A big cold blast had arrived over eastern France, Germany etc, but its bypassed SE England.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

We have had no meaningful snow here for 7 years and this latest episode shows why. The south is too mild and the wind direction is 99% SW, W or NW in the winter. We never get snow from that direction. When I saw the NW winds I knew it would mean no snow here and so it has been. There really is no point in getting excited this winter unless we get a strong ne feed or an easterly only if it is cold in europe which it is not

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Queensland, Australia, December, this year, now, snow joke!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1512812636236.jpg
    FB_IMG_1512812636236.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 198
  • FB_IMG_1512812608134.jpg
    FB_IMG_1512812608134.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 197

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No serious snow here in Northumberland yet, just a minor dusting last week.

It certainly is bloody cold though, even to the extent that a rumour was going round that someone had been seen in Newcastle city centre with a coat on. I don't believe it myself, but who knows.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Orange weather warning up here for tomorrow's flumping.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here