Page 1178 of 1189 FirstFirst ... 17867810781128116811751176117711781179118011811188 ... LastLast
Results 11,771 to 11,780 of 11881
  1. #11771
    Part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    BN14
    Posts
    20,533


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's always possible.

    Sunday 6th April 2008 we had a heavy fall of snow in Worthing (and across Sussex).



    The Friday before the temperature had been up to 15c here and it was feeling almost summer like.

    I went toboganning with the kids in the afternoon at Cissbury Ring and it was still snowing at about 2pm, with temps about 1c.

    That actually came about from a NNE wind which is a little unusual

    Attachment 94111
    Those were lovely days, I remember it well. Did the same up the Ring with the kids that day as well.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #11772
      Barndoor Holroyd Djmiles's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Location
      Hove (Previously Haywards Heath)
      Posts
      11,314


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's always possible.

      Sunday 6th April 2008 we had a heavy fall of snow in Worthing (and across Sussex).



      The Friday before the temperature had been up to 15c here and it was feeling almost summer like.

      I went toboganning with the kids in the afternoon at Cissbury Ring and it was still snowing at about 2pm, with temps about 1c.

      That actually came about from a NNE wind which is a little unusual

      Attachment 94111
      There was an evening around then, about Easter time where we had around 3-4 inches of snow overnight and it all melted by the morning. Not many people believed it had snowed. One of the weirdest weather events I’ve ever seen. Might have been the year before?
      Barndoor Gatting, Barndoor Davies, Barndoor Holroyd, Barndoor Paynter. Who is next for this coveted title? Barnes is currently favourite to take the crown from Billy Paynter.
    • #11773
      The Disowned Masses
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      12,965


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Djmiles View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There was an evening around then, about Easter time where we had around 3-4 inches of snow overnight and it all melted by the morning. Not many people believed it had snowed. One of the weirdest weather events I’ve ever seen. Might have been the year before?
      I know that April 2007 was one of the warmest and sunniest on record down here. Day after day of glorious warm sunshine, and fyi the rest of the actual summer was shit.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

      Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog
    • #11774
      We're going up.
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Location
      London
      Posts
      5,478


      0 Not allowed!
      There was snow in Gipsy Hill, SE19, one May. Trains were delayed and I arrived in my office in London in a thick coat, scarf, hat and boots and it was positively balmy in SW1. Talk about being overdressed!
      We're going up, we're going to win the Cup, for Sussex by the Sea.
    • #11775
      The Disowned Masses
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      12,965


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There was snow in Gipsy Hill, SE19, one May. Trains were delayed and I arrived in my office in London in a thick coat, scarf, hat and boots and it was positively balmy in SW1. Talk about being overdressed!
      It depends on how old you are, but snow fell across much of the UK in May 1955.

      I guess you're probably remembering one of these though:

      Meanwhile, a little more recently the Mays of 1979, 1981 and 1982 started with widespread wintry showers whilst May 13th 1993 saw several centimetres of snow settling over the higher ground in central Britain (Pritchard 1997?), including a fall of 30cm at Moor House in County Durham by the 14th (Stirling 1997).
      http://www.dandantheweatherman.com/B.../latesnow.html
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

      Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog
    • #11776
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Brighton, United Kingdom
      Posts
      2,381


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Postman Pat View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I had to sleep on the A23 because of the snow on 11th March 2013. That was pretty cold.
      You should've stayed in the car...
    • #11777
      Members Uncle Spielberg's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Newhaven
      Posts
      40,831


      0 Not allowed!
      The game is up now. Give it up and let's resume in December
      Spielberg is GOD.
    • #11778
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Location
      The Brighton and Hove Border. Just orf The Drove in Brighton not Hove
      Posts
      22,272


      0 Not allowed!
      The FA Cup 5th round tie at Peterborough was played on a snow covered pitch with an orange ball in 1986.
      Wouldn’t happen today I doubt.
      I remember helping to clear the Goldstone pitch of snow for the replay in early March.
      1986 is underrated as one of the coldest winters ever.

      Me and a pal made a proper igloo in the drifts on West Blachington school playing fields and the headline in the Brighton & Hove Gazette was ‘Coldest Place on earth.
      I don't care what you say to me. The whole first season at The Amex, I went to all Gus Poyet's pre match press conferences. I asked the great man what I wanted , when I wanted. It's something money can't buy.

      !!
    • #11779
      The Disowned Masses
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      12,965


      0 Not allowed!
      The GFS Ensemble still can't make up its mind but the ECMWF delivers The Beast today

      Name:  tempresult_zzg3.gif
Views: 133
Size:  429.4 KB

      That would produce snow here.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

      Visit my Devon Gold Prospecting Blog
    • #11780
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      7,329


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's always possible.

      Sunday 6th April 2008 we had a heavy fall of snow in Worthing (and across Sussex).
      ]
      Was doing the Steyning Sprint Triathlon that day. Fine start to the day. Ran out of pool after swim leg in just trunks to find bike covered in a few inches of snow. Bike leg stopped with early starters already on the course and we had to make do with the 5k run in the snow.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •