Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Cissbury Ring is local to both [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] and myself, and a fine place to walk dogs.

Cute. Is that an Albion collar?

Unfortunately not. It's a lighter shade of blue. When I bought it the shop was out of "Albion blue" coloured collars so this was the closest I could get. I do have an Albion blue collar for him in a bigger size, but it's still too big. He needs to bulk up a bit before I'll be able to use it.

I bet you went to look for that beanie hat - didn't you?

I have no idea what you're talking about. I did up my hat game for the walk though and wore one that has ear flaps.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Any chance of it drifing as far east as Seaford? It already seems to have shifted quite a bit in the last couple of hours. [emoji120]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Any chance of it drifing as far east as Seaford? It already seems to have shifted quite a bit in the last couple of hours. [emoji120]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Between 0 and 0.1

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can see it making as far as Brighton weather it’s actually a decent load I’d be surprised. Maybe wrong but there is a decent line of snow along the normal route you would associate thunderstorms for around brighton and East Sussex. Big factor wind is blowing the other way I suppose but it’s defo drifting further east than originally suggested

Precipitation 9pm-midnight looks interesting on this.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=50.47;0.04;8&l=rain-3h

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Coming down hard but with small flakes in Southampton. The cycle home from the sickhouse might not as much fun as the journey in, especially as the wind was behind me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I bet not ONE school closed either.

The vast majority of us went to local schools where we could walk. Now with choice, schoolchildren travel miles to another area.
As I went to HCGS, I am aware that some pupils came in from Hassocks, Hurstpierpoint etc.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Probably not, we were a tougher breed in those days.

My dad built an igloo outside of Kingswood Flats (just off John Street) that year!
I lived in Woodingdean at this time and the side of our house was one big snowdrift that almost reached the roof of the semi.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Apart from a couple of hours snow tuesday morning this has been a crushing disappointment, they forecast some tomorrow afternoon but I don't believe it anymore and it will be gone by saturday anyway

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Probably not, we were a tougher breed in those days.

My dad built an igloo outside of Kingswood Flats (just off John Street) that year!

We most certainly were (Don't remember much as I was born that year), bunch of lightweights these days, I've been saying to my customers this week, I cant ever remember having a day off from school for snow.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
The vast majority of us went to local schools where we could walk. Now with choice, schoolchildren travel miles to another area.
As I went to HCGS, I am aware that some pupils came in from Hassocks, Hurstpierpoint etc.

I take your point, they are still namby pamby these days.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Even if it snows it will be a disappointment compared to the south west. I predict another frustrating CM or 2 tonight

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
On the flumpage scale, where would you put small flakes that are coming down very heavily and settling to what looks like it could be deepish snow?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here