NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No need for animosity on here.

Still a long way to go, and the models are still disagreeing on details, but the chances are still there. No need for panic, yet.

larus

The pub-run is churning out stinking charts again. The exact positioning of the high over Greenland is the slight concern, but must models runs are still favourable.

I still think we’ll get a very cold spell, with great chances of snow, and the potential for this to be a memorable event and lasting several weeks.

Oh dear, kiss of death that :lol:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The pub-run is churning out stinking charts again. The exact positioning of the high over Greenland is the slight concern, but must models runs are still favourable.

I still think we’ll get a very cold spell, with great chances of snow, and the potential for this to be a memorable event and lasting several weeks.

Oh dear, kiss of death that :lol:

I'll take a decent cold spell with at least a couple of inches of snow. Anything else will be a bonus!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In lieu of a detailed update, things are still on course. Still lots of model variation but the theme of cold air arriving into Monday is still there, with snow showers developing and possibly some more significant snowfall Tues / Wed. After that it's unclear at this stage.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Am I the only person on NSC that hopes it doesn't snow. National Railways cannot cope with it, NHS cannot cope with it, UK Economy cannot cope with it, UK Roads cannot cope with it, Schools cannot cope with it. Yes it's fun for ten minutes for the under 10's but for everybody else except the unemployed or unemployable its a complete pain.

SpongebobSquarepants

Jun 16, 2006
Sunny Worthing
Am I the only person on NSC that hopes it doesn't snow. National Railways cannot cope with it, NHS cannot cope with it, UK Economy cannot cope with it, UK Roads cannot cope with it, Schools cannot cope with it. Yes it's fun for ten minutes for the under 10's but for everybody else except the unemployed or unemployable its a complete pain.

Correct

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

It’s a few days of fun that’s all. I’m sure we will all struggle through.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

The average mental age of people on NSC is under 10 therefore - BRING ON the snow!!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
In lieu of a detailed update, things are still on course. Still lots of model variation but the theme of cold air arriving into Monday is still there, with snow showers developing and possibly some more significant snowfall Tues / Wed. After that it's unclear at this stage.

Yesterday's model runs looked to be edging warmer with growing risk of the coldest air heading south of the UK. Netweather chatter seems to suggest that ECM at least has edged back towards cold and reduced risk of it slipping south.

Beeb still being very cautious with their forecasts for next week. I think they're favouring the "cold pool slips south" solution - which is still within the realms of possibility, but I suspect they're at the warmest end of the forecast envelope.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yesterday's model runs looked to be edging warmer with growing risk of the coldest air heading south of the UK. Netweather chatter seems to suggest that ECM at least has edged back towards cold and reduced risk of it slipping south.

Beeb still being very cautious with their forecasts for next week. I think they're favouring the "cold pool slips south" solution - which is still within the realms of possibility, but I suspect they're at the warmest end of the forecast envelope.

Hhhmmm.. The risk now is the cold air being pushed north allowing less cold air from the South. The models are walking a tightrope between too mild and rain into the south and cold and dry (away from the coasts and at times across the SE)... the middle ground, which the ECM and GFS have explored COULD deliver lots of snow here Tues / Wed / maybe Thurs, but for us that does carry the risk of periods of marginal conditions.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Nope...i don't want it...particularly next week

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Hhhmmm.. The risk now is the cold air being pushed north allowing less cold air from the South. The models are walking a tightrope between too mild and rain into the south and cold and dry (away from the coasts and at times across the SE)... the middle ground, which the ECM and GFS have explored COULD deliver lots of snow here Tues / Wed / maybe Thurs, but for us that does carry the risk of periods of marginal conditions.

Yes it's the High risk = High reward scenario (snow variety)

In the long run I think the Blocking High will end up over Greenland which opens up the chance for North and NE winds. Funnily enough this would actually introduce slightly warmer air!

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
It would be pretty unbelievable / typical if we got rain after all this. All that netweather chatter about the forthcoming cold and then we got rained on. I'm ready to launch my toys...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm in. Bring it on.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It would be pretty unbelievable / typical if we got rain after all this. All that netweather chatter about the forthcoming cold and then we got rained on. I'm ready to launch my toys...

Yep, that would be horrifically typical for down here. We wait decades for a proper Easterly flow and when we get it, it gets cut short from the south.

Even in the worst case GFS scenario we will see snow on Monday (streamer style) and Tues / Wed - disturbance from the East.. as I said earlier - after that is up in the air (literally in this case).

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Remember this threat of rain won't be until end of next week (if it happens at all), we could end up with a Channel low!

It's going to get cold enough for snow from Sunday night through to Thurs at least based on the current Models.
How cold and how snowy is what we don't know until maybe 12 hours beforehand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here