Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Winter can bugger off now , it had it's chance , time for daffs and lunatics mowing their wet grass at 7am on a sunday .

This is exactly how I feel. As I said it is 1 month too late and I cannot get excited at the prospect of dull, wet and cold with a bit of sleet, maybe. Bring on the sun and warmth now. I Remember that bloody awful march in 2013 when it did not deliver any real snow but was annoyingly chilly all month. We need the snow days late dec - mid feb, anything else is a waste of time

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I am quite happy for it to snow but never on or just before a match day. When I was a student studying at Falmer there was a really bad period of snow in the eighties and the whole of the area shut down for several weeks. No way would football have gone ahead for health and safety reasons.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The ECM is on-board

tempresult_rzc2.gif

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It is good to be circumspect, but I am sure you are aware there is a lot of excitement over at the Netweather forum, as the models start to align. Has the potential to be significant.

Sorry. I was joking.

Sunday to Wednesday looks like a memorably severe spell of weather for Sussex with daytime temps at or below freezing and the potential for significant snow.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
It does... but

As we all know all know it'll be a couple of days of 5c and perhaps a sleet shower.

I'll be the first person building a sleetman!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
All I’m going to say is that in the time I have actively followed net weather snow forecasts for Worthing/Findon they have been far more accurate than the BBC equivalent.

My confidence is therefore relatively high. I may have bought a new sledge today. May have. For the sleet you understand. :)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Looking like being the coldest spell here in 7-8 years. Can we fast forward to the weekend?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What about the Essex/Kent area Oh Great One? In Papa we trust....

A very keen Easterly wind, so better for Kent and Essex I would have thought!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
All I’m going to say is that in the time I have actively followed net weather snow forecasts for Worthing/Findon they have been far more accurate than the BBC equivalent.

My confidence is therefore relatively high. I may have bought a new sledge today. May have. For the sleet you understand. :)

Why do people like to take the piss when absolutely NOTHING has happened so far ? You are talking as if we have already had 4 inches of snow and sub zero temperatures. I don't mind if something had happened but you are taking the piss as if it is a FACT what you say is going to happen, in fact has already happened. Very odd behaviour

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It does... but

As we all know all know it'll be a couple of days of 5c and perhaps a sleet shower.

So far EVERYTHING you have posted over the years has come to nothing

larus

All I can say is that from reading the Net Weather forums and the knowledgeable posters on there, they all seem to think we are very likely to have a cold (maybe even intense cold) spell, which will last more than a few days, and has the potential to be difficult to budge.

Of course, there are degrees of uncertainty, but, with the winds coming from Siberia, the Atlantic being blocked out and very cold upper air temps, whatever falls from the sky, it won’t be sleet. The thing is, snow is hard to predict, so get the cold in first and then see where the precipitation lands.

I think Kent/Essex will get a pasting, but probably some of that is based on what I want to happen. And we stand great chances here too for an epic event (not Worthing though as the sun is too strong at this time of year).

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So far EVERYTHING you have posted over the years has come to nothing

I think you misunderstand why I do this. I'm not here to boast or show off. I enjoy providing people with both data to allow them to make their own decisions when it comes to weather and also to provide informed weather advice where wanted.

This winter has seen a few very near misses and marginal setups down here, whereas further North some places have seen plenty of snow etc.

That's the way winters go at this latitude alongside a warm ocean.

Anyhow, next week promises to be very interesting from a meteorological perspective as despite the lateness in the season we may see some of the coldest air over Sussex in living memory, which will probably generate ice days in places, which is very rare, especially in late Feb.

Yoda

English & European
Interestingly, tonights GFS operational run doesn't let the Biscay Low win towards the end of next week. Would be even better if that came off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here