Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Over towards hastings way now and it’s quite wintery here. Not expecting much to settle and heading back west now

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
This is another non event. The next few days and nights will be dry with max day 5 c and min night 0 c but no snow is showing anywhere in the forecasts. It will be milder by the end of the week and 9 c. The beast from the east is I am afraid a pussy

You're Micheal Fish and i claim my £5 - Absolutely been smashing it down in Eastbourne this morning

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I live 8 miles from Eastbourne and there was nothing here, too warm anyway, 5c at the moment

It's snowing in BN9 right now. It isn't heavy, but it's snow nonetheless.

Edit, three minutes later and it is getting heavier .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes there could be a surprise on this? have you seen the 48hr fax chart, could be a little ripple over the SE which could pep up that decaying front.

One to watch as they say.

Yep. The upper temps are good, the timing is perfect, the GFS still show some precipitation overnight. Just need the front to man up and hold it together.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A decent snow shower in Newhaven but too warm to settle

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Looking east from Lewes, Bo Peep and Firle Beacon getting some: snow.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If I take the dog out over the Downs now, will I get rained/snowed on during the next hour?

It's a beautiful blue sky over here right now.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'd imagine the coastal strip folkestone to Eastbourne is getting heavy snow now under a streamer
Spot on. Most snow for quite a while in Eastbourne this morning. Started before 8.00am and still going now although turning more sleety.

Forecast is apparently not that cold today though? All gone fairly quickly?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not sure it will make it to our part of the world though.

Friday morning may be better if the temperature can stay low?

Friday morning has better precipitation but the other factors look much more marginal. Still possible.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Spot on. Most snow for quite a while in Eastbourne this morning. Started before 8.00am and still going now although turning more sleety.

Forecast is apparently not that cold today though? All gone fairly quickly?

Yep. It will warm up a bit during daylight hours, but cold again tonight. The day time temps are edging down Mon-Wed this week, so about 3C max inland by then.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
BBC's 4-week forecast predicting a 'Scandinavian High' becoming established next week, feeding in bitterly cold easterly winds and snow showers.

Bring it on :thumbsup:

"Later in the period, models are also increasingly showing signs that the high pressure system centred over the Azores may interact with high pressure positioned over Scandinavia. Such an eventuality would result in further cold and often dry weather, with frosty nights. The intensity of the cold will likely become greater with time though as very cold, continental air filters in over the UK driven by biting easterly winds. Snow showers may also become prevalent across mainly eastern regions of the UK at times."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/outlook

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
BBC's 4-week forecast predicting a 'Scandinavian High' becoming established next week, feeding in bitterly cold easterly winds and snow showers.

Bring it on :thumbsup:

"Later in the period, models are also increasingly showing signs that the high pressure system centred over the Azores may interact with high pressure positioned over Scandinavia. Such an eventuality would result in further cold and often dry weather, with frosty nights. The intensity of the cold will likely become greater with time though as very cold, continental air filters in over the UK driven by biting easterly winds. Snow showers may also become prevalent across mainly eastern regions of the UK at times."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/outlook

Sadly I think they may have to back track from that, as there's little in the publically available data to support it. I HOPE their internal data shows a strong signal for this. One possible thing in our favour (those who like cold & snow) is the response to the SSW is hard to predict, so there is a 'tipping point' which will decide which way it goes (Northern Blocking and cold, or Westerly mess)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Looking good for a very light covering tomorrow morning I believe.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not sure where this cold is mean't to be ? 6c yesterday and 1c last night. Looking at the forecast it is back to 8 c by thursday and next week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here