Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
One and a half inches deep in Southwick and its just started up again. Temp - 2C.

That's one key point. The air over us currently is very cold, both aloft and at the surface... it will all settle tonight.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
where in Southwick US? up the Hill? I'm by Tescos and theres nothing yet

A mile North just before the Downs. Its amazing the difference that 1 mile and 100 foot elevation makes.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
North Southwick Weather Station 4 pm.

Lying Snow depth - 4 cm
Wind - 12 mph
Light Snow
-2C 28F

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Excellent! Do you expect it to reach as far east as Hastings Papa?

Well, the forecast is for snow across the SE.... but us coastal dwellers always fear the worst... as the snow skirts past us.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
The most recent Met Office charts show the mild weather getting here early on Saturday, so hopefully it'll be on... whether you can get here might be a challenge, as somewhere there will be a battle between mild / wet and cold air. There will be snow somehere to the north of Sussex.
Thanks Papa

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The milder weather at the weekend looks like it might not happen now. Very cold for the foreseeable future with periods of sleet and snow.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The milder weather at the weekend looks like it might not happen now. Very cold for the foreseeable future with periods of sleet and snow.

bloody hope the trains are running saturday as I'm working at The Emirates :angry:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not much snow in Cambridge though by the way.

No, so I'm told. Although a hell of lot in between! Someone I work with spent six hours getting through the Dartford crossing yesterday.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Not snowing anymore in the Heath, still got plenty of snow here and expecting about the same again tonight. Could well be looking at 8-9 inches by the morning.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Not snowing anymore in the Heath, still got plenty of snow here and expecting about the same again tonight. Could well be looking at 8-9 inches by the morning.

Your missus will be happy then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here