Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
32 hours, in -15c temps!

And, when it came back, we were placed on water restrictions - as a treatment plant received damage.

Not the best weekend I've ever had.

Is that when the ice freezes on the power lines and the weight brings them down? Got a mate in Quebec and that's happened to him a few times I think, worst was in a big ice storm in '98

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Is that when the ice freezes on the power lines and the weight brings them down? Got a mate in Quebec and that's happened to him a few times I think, worst was in a big ice storm in '98

That does happen here, but this last weekend's outage was mainly down to the sheer brute force of the winds. http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/winds-march-12-1.4021487

Better than amoebic dysentery though...

I'd rather be a Palace fan than have dysentery again.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Bit random but there appears to be a big Northerly coming our way next week. Snow on higher ground maybe?

April 2017 the month that keeps on giving :)

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
No rain forecast until at least NEXT weekend with cold, frosty nights and warmish days if you can get out of the breeze. I'm going to have to get the hosepipes out soon at the Rockery if this continues!!!!!!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No rain forecast until at least NEXT weekend with cold, frosty nights and warmish days if you can get out of the breeze. I'm going to have to get the hosepipes out soon at the Rockery if this continues!!!!!!!

My pc tells me it'll snow in Hove next Tuesday. But it's been known to be wrong before.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I've got some grass seed to put down for a client..but no way am i bothering just yet

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Hurricane Ophelia

Any updates from the weather gurus? Is my greenhouse likely to disappear over the hedge never to be seen again? :(

Yellow warning details
Wind

Between 12:00 Mon 16th and 23:55 Mon 16th

A spell of very windy weather is likely on Monday in association with ex-Ophelia. Road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected, with longer journeys times and cancellations possible. Power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage. Some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs could happen, perhaps leading to injuries and danger to life from flying debris. Coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities may be affected by spray and/or large waves. The warning has been updated to extend the area at risk further east, taking in much of northern England and Wales along with parts of southern and central Scotland. At the same time, much of northwest Scotland has been removed.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
'Much of northwest Scotland has been removed' ... :needpics:

scot.jpg :lol:

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I get so excited when I see this thread come up.

It is my fav on the site.

What is your opinion on people who wouldn’t have been able to make today’s game unless they were offered a free ride home to their front door on the condition they left when the clock struck 90 mins so they had enough time to get back to look after their kids so their mum could get to work on time to pay the bills that need paying in order to keep a roof over their heads?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Any updates from the weather gurus? Is my greenhouse likely to disappear over the hedge never to be seen again? :(

Yellow warning details
Wind

A spell of very windy weather is likely on Monday in association with ex-Ophelia. Road, rail, air and ferry services may be affected, with longer journeys times and cancellations possible. Power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage. Some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs could happen, perhaps leading to injuries and danger to life from flying debris. Coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities may be affected by spray and/or large waves. The warning has been updated to extend the area at risk further east, taking in much of northern England and Wales along with parts of southern and central Scotland. At the same time, much of northwest Scotland has been removed.

Wow its going to be bad up there

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Ireland is going to get clobbered tomorrow. A red warning has been given to all of Ireland (although not NI yet) which means ALL schools/colleges are closed. It's not a Hurricane anymore but there is still plenty of Hurricane force winds which will not only hit Ireland but could also affect parts of West Wales and IOM.

Just hope people take heed of the warnings over that way, this is a very dangerous system. Whilst we in Sussex bathe in warm southerly air and wonder what all the fuss is about!

Yoda

English & European

Yellow warning details
Wind

We only have a less than 5% chance of even gale force winds here in Sussex. You, and your greenhouse, will be fine.

Ireland in the other hand :ohmy: :eek: :ohmy: Although since yesterday Ophilia has since been downgraded from Cat 3 to Cat 1, the storm will strengthen once more as it feeds from the jet stream taking it up to the Country and can expect 70-90mph odd sustained winds on it southern flank before it makes land fall. As it does, these will weaken slightly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here