Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oh. This morning's data also shows some snow in advance of rain on Sunday as a front stalls over the East of the UK, but that's a while off.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Oh. This morning's data also shows some snow in advance of rain on Sunday as a front stalls over the East of the UK, but that's a while off.

When they talk about 'high ground', what's the general rule of thumb as to high in feet?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
See you on The Gallops!

Snow chance for Findon looking very small now sadly. But otherwise I'll be there watching you terrify your son into the brambles and nettles!

Might be better chance next week?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Cheers but........thats cheating i was talking physical rain!!

Your all IT Papa, come on get you sowester out.:thumbsup:

I'm sat in an office at Canary Wharf today - so physical now-casts are hard to generate.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Based on latest net weather update looking like no snow tonight or tomorrow for Worthing or Brighton area.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Based on latest net weather update looking like no snow tonight or tomorrow for Worthing or Brighton area.

We'll see- it was never likely to be a major snow event, with all the rain in advance. I don't have enough time to do in depth analysis of the more detailed model output (Arpege & WRF) which will model the fine detail better.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Our local B&Q have upped the price of their plastic sledges by 25% , Sylvia on checkout number 3 assures me it will snow in Essex next Saturday .

Probably gone up by another 25 percent now , if indeed they have any left .

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I managed to generate this, which shows how marginal / patchy / close it will be between snow / rain:

This is from the latest Arpege High Res Data

tempresult_nha5.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here