Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

:ohmy:

You are subscribed to London & South East England for Met Office.
Amber Warning of Snow for London & South East England

Amber Warning of Snow for London & South East England : Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Hampshire, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham valid from 2100 Thu 05 May to 2200 Thu 05 May

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
:ohmy:

You are subscribed to London & South East England for Met Office.
Amber Warning of Snow for London & South East England

Amber Warning of Snow for London & South East England : Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Hampshire, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Reading, Slough, Surrey, West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham valid from 2100 Thu 05 May to 2200 Thu 05 May

WHAT?! The temperature is going though the roof and there is a snow warning. Someone is having a laugh there. :)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Had a lovely hike around Wolstonbury hill today. Actually caught a bit of the sun.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
The BBC forecast for the early part of next week is a bit gloomy :down: I would appreciate the views of you weather experts on NSC for the chances of some decent weather for the Rye area fromTues to Fri next week.

Cheers :drink:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A curious bounce, but as you have done, decent but if thunder and rain here in Findon last night.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
A curious bounce, but as you have done, decent but if thunder and rain here in Findon last night.

Going for a short break to celebrate the wife's birthday so hopefully we'll get some sunshine

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It must be nearly time for the Express to tell us we are all doomed to 6 months of non stop snow

Good point!

Every Autumn the Excess warns of a severe Arctic winter ahead with 4 months of blizzards and sub-zero temperatures, and every Spring it promises a 'Barbecue Summer' with record-breaking heat and drought :mad:

These predictions are invariably as hysterical and inaccurate as most of the news headlines and political commentary in the Excess.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just a feeling but I think this winter could see us getting a right good flumping.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good point!

Every Autumn the Excess warns of a severe Arctic winter ahead with 4 months of blizzards and sub-zero temperatures, and every Spring it promises a 'Barbecue Summer' with record-breaking heat and drought :mad:

These predictions are invariably as hysterical and inaccurate as most of the news headlines and political commentary in the Excess.

.......and the article will mention 'new ice age' at some point......

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I'm already exicted by the return of this thread. Snow day! Snow day! Snow day!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Due to the fact if i can't get to work i don't get paid,yearly i am forced to withhold a weeks holiday until the end of March,to cater for any snow days..holidaypay taken due to snow is better than no pay.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully snow won't cancel the Boxing Day match at the Amex v QPR ( or any other fixture ).

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We've got to be due a cold one surely ? The last 4 or 5 winters have been so mild, law of averages says we must due at least a bit of frost !

You might think so. Or climate change is starting to 'kick in' for the temperate latitudes, follow a few colder winters?

Remember after Feb 1991 we went many many years without any proper winter / snowy conditions... with a few not particularly memorable exceptions. We then had the period 2010 - 2013 - with 3 good winters.. perhaps we're back to the new normal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here