Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I remember a huge dump in early 2013 (I think) around rush hour one evening. Coming home from London there was was massive, fairly unexpected snow fall (for the UK at least) and by the time I got back to Brighton there were no buses running and taxis had given up as well. I ended up having to walk from the station back to the other side of Queens Park in the snow wearing leather soled office shoes which was fun. Got to Freshfield Road in the end and there were 3 buses abandoned in the street! The bus in the middle of the picture wasn't overtaking anything, it had been abandoned.

View attachment 81039

I remember that night well. I got stranded in Worthing, had to book into a hotel overnight.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
1800 snow chart I look at for Thursday 6pm. Seems very touch and go as to whether we get a massive dumping or if we get rain. IMG_0586.PNGIMG_0586.PNG

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If u listen to the forecast they really aren't that certain ..contrary to the graphics....further north they are more confident

That's why I said forecast rather than predicted. The very nature of forecast is what is thought will happen.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Net weather has just a 24% chance of snow in Findon for Thursday 6-9pm. So I won't be getting my sled out just yet.

Just 16% for Brighton.

Looks unlikely to happen to me (trying to set my own expectations here!).

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
All I can say is that it is blimmin cold over here in Chavland (Colchester) this evening & their local forecast is for snow late afternoon.

Luckily I'm doing the early (6-2) shift so should be on my way back to Sussex by the time it arrives.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It's not looking very promising now is it.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In the last few years it's only this thread I look on for snow updates. I'm hoping that papa gives us good news.

The most likely scenario is rain turning to snow by 5:30-6:00pm tomorrow. A little elevation will help.

Friday morning still looks like another opportunity, which have the advantage of being after a cold night.

I know it risks clouding the next couple of days but there is still a good chance that by early next week we'll be under the influence of a cold high pressure. The precise positioning is key and some output puts it to our NE allowing cold air to reach the South particularly and an increasing chance of snow later in the week.

The ECM continues to support this including pulling in some very cold air off the near continent.

Here's hoping for something snowy tomorrow.

Good night

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The most likely scenario is rain turning to snow by 5:30-6:00pm tomorrow. A little elevation will help.

Friday morning still looks like another opportunity, which have the advantage of being after a cold night.

I know it risks clouding the next couple of days but there is still a good chance that by early next week we'll be under the influence of a cold high pressure. The precise positioning is key and some output puts it to our NE allowing cold air to reach the South particularly and an increasing chance of snow later in the week.

The ECM continues to support this including pulling in some very cold air off the near continent.

Good night

Good night papa. And thanks. But an early start with an update!!!!!!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Good night

See you on The Gallops!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good night papa. And thanks. But an early start with an update!!!!!!!!

See you on The Gallops!

Steady as she goes really. The outlook is much the same. We need to get through quite a bit if rain and milder weather today before the colder air is able to come to bear. So, don't expect snow to settle everywhere, as surfaces will be wet.

Tomorrow morning still looks interesting with another chance of snow. After that the chance of a block located near Scandinavia is still now likely, so expect to see hints in the TV forecasts, as that would at the very least bring much colder (and drier) air over the South, with a chance of showers or longer spells of snow later.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here