Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To illustrate [MENTION=23494]big gull[/MENTION]y s point perfectly - this mornings GFS ensemble has pretty good agreement temp wise (top line) for about 5 days, and then - all bets are off.

We could have average to mild, or very cold.

GFS 0Z Ensemble 27 Nov 15 Temps.png

What has been apparent for a few days now is that the models are toying with a Scandi High.... still not enough support to get excited, but all the same.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A good chance of 60 F middle of next week for a few days

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Really unhelpful post for 95% of us :-|
Tell us what you see (please).

There's nothing in this mornings 00Z (the high resolution run) to excite us. unsettled week, high pressure building close to the south, then repeat.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ian Fergusson on The Weather Outlook has mentioned that the ECMWF & UKMO long range outlook go for pressure rises over Greenland across many of their ensemble members (data not made publically available). Could be interesting if that can develop into a block mid December.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Fawcett Annexe. Bill Rex: "Those of you who know BASIC/COBOL sit at the desks at the front of the class. Those of you who don't, sit at the back and do something else."
I feel I'm going snow blind.
original_can-t-see-the-wood-for-the-trees-print.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
God this weather is tedious it really gets me down wind rain very mild and repeat week after week. Min temp tonight 13 c max tomorrow 15 c

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
So damn mild, in fact, that our first snowdrops are opening (2 months early), and our lilac tree has got green buds already (3-4 months early) :mad:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Dear Santa

Please could you arrange for a blocking anti-cyclone to become established over Scandinavia after Christmas, feeding cold easterly winds over Britain during January and February, and containing westward-moving 'troughs' bringing frequent snow showers or longer outbreaks of snow, with sizeable accumulations in southern parts of the UK?

Many thanks,

Peteinblack

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Caught a mackerel sunday !! The worlds gone mad , fear not the americans are thinking of limiting cars to 4.0 litre in 2022 so things will perk up after that and all you nutjobs that want snow and ice will get exactly what you wanted come 3015 .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nothing but the same and sw winds for another 2 weeks at least. A fair chance of 17 c 63 f on Thursday

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
are they less accurate then? I always thought that they were just done at different times of the day and that's it.

Anyway the GFS 06z is interesting... :).

Yes, a cold plunge mid month. Support what I mentioned earlier about the Pros being aware of ensemble support for height rises near Greenland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here