Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
1mm of rain/precipitation would equate to 1cm of snow.

As always - we first need to get the synoptics / temps / wind direction correct. Snow often appears from small features in the flow once it's cold enough. The key element of the output is that there is more chance of a proper blocking High in about a week's time. If that gets more support, then the fine details will be something to discuss on a day by day basis.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hang on - where's that little puppy sprung up from?

Those in the know say it's caused by a little 'polar low' (which is just a small localised low pressure cell) which passes to our north overnight, dragging slightly colder air from its north. No snow down here though - but possibly on the downs - it's very borderline though.

Sunday looks more interesting here and into next week.

15011806_1306.gif

Hail, sleet and rain all mixed together in Burgess Hill right now.

I know this as I have just been to Tesco to get lunch and am currently sitting at my desk with steam coming off me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Those in the know say it's caused by a little 'polar low' (which is just a small localised low pressure cell) which passes to our north overnight, dragging slightly colder air from its north. No snow down here though - but possibly on the downs - it's very borderline though.

Sunday looks more interesting here and into next week.

View attachment 61715

Hang on a minute, do we have some action, some snow action?

I also see Net Weather is predciting an 80% chance of some on Thursday 22nd Jan. Too far off I guess to know yet though.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So close yet so far, as usual for us coastal residents. Roll on the long warm summer days had enough of this wet dirge. :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It is interesting but BBC still have westerly's and average temperatures all next week, no hint of any cold weather. It could be a snow lover just making things up imo
I like the model discussion threads on the Netweather site. However the good posters are often outweighed by those who are ONLY interested in snow to the exclusion of all else. Many of these shout anyone down who doesn't agree with their biased form of hopecasting. It's a shame as there are some brilliant amateur weathermen out there.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It is interesting but BBC still have westerly's and average temperatures all next week, no hint of any cold weather. It could be a snow lover just making things up imo

Gav does like snow, but he makes a small income from his forecasts (via ads etc) so relies upon his reputation as a forecaster to keep his traffic up. In my opinion he's honest and reasonably un-biased.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Any reports of the white stuff out west yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here