Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Beeb now reporting snow here Wed night into Thursday.

I know that means nothing, but it did raise a small amount of excitement.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It is quite sad when you think about it when we are getting excited about a daytime max of 6C in late January with a possibility of a sleet shower over the tops of the downs when in Boston it is -10C max today with 3 feet of snow

Just on a conference call with colleagues in NY and many are reporting just over 2ft of snow already with at least 4 hours of snow left to fall. They did say it would be black slush within days though - such is the variability on the East coast at times.

The joys of being on the 'right' side of the Atlantic.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Beeb now reporting snow here Wed night into Thursday.

I know that means nothing, but it did raise a small amount of excitement.

The level of excitement is roughly in line with the amount of snow likely. Meh.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Didn't you get a dusting the other week, or did it miss you?

there was a very, very slight dusting in Hassocks, with 1 snow flake every 5 seconds, it looked more like a frost to be honest, it looked nothing like brighton did, which i assume will be the picture on wednesday morning.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
so are you suggesting that we may not get any now?

I've never said we will or won't. The computer models are still showing snow here tomorrow night. That's all. My natural pessimism for snow has kicked it.

I've tried to avoid making a forecast off the back of this, that's where madness lies.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I've never said we will or won't. The computer models are still showing snow here tomorrow night. That's all. My natural pessimism for snow has kicked it.

I've tried to avoid making a forecast off the back of this, that's where madness lies.

I get ya!! but we remain hopeful of at least throwing a snow ball at some stage Thursday morning!!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just on a conference call with colleagues in NY and many are reporting just over 2ft of snow already with at least 4 hours of snow left to fall. They did say it would be black slush within days though - such is the variability on the East coast at times.

The joys of being on the 'right' side of the Atlantic.

In Manhattan we were told to expect 18" to 2 feet of snow, in the end Manhattan only got about 4-5", with about 8" in Central Park. The predictions were way off and no doubt there will be a lot of political fall out as they shut down all the airports and subway system and lost a lot of tourist dollars as a result.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
In Manhattan we were told to expect 18" to 2 feet of snow, in the end Manhattan only got about 4-5", with about 8" in Central Park. The predictions were way off and no doubt there will be a lot of political fall out as they shut down all the airports and subway system and lost a lot of tourist dollars as a result.

Aren't they knackered either way? Close everything down and they are over-reacting, leave it all open and deal with chaos if the snow arrives?

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Aren't they knackered either way? Close everything down and they are over-reacting, leave it all open and deal with chaos if the snow arrives?

I think closing it down was the best thing to do, if they left it all open and they got the ridiculous amounts of snow they predicted more people would complain, saying that the city isn't prepared enough.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Been chatting with a colleague in NY via our internal message system. Not a lot of snow, true, but the wind has taken down power lines, and the roads are closed. Long Island has over 2 feet, sorry.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can someone tell me where this cold is, the 6-10 day forecast shows raging NW's but max temps of 7C on Thursday and 6C on Friday, where is the cold ? This is what it should be for late January

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here