Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does a pigeons broken wing heal ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have a very docile pigeon in my shed tonight.
I think it has a broken wing. He flaps, but he falls. Its wrapped up in a towel, in a shoebox, with some seed and water. He's a lovely creature, quite happy to have his head stroked, no fear in him whatsoever. But I'm at a bit of a loss what to do with the fella.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Similar thing happened to me with a baby seagull. I called the RSPCA who gave me the details of a local vet I could drop the bird off at. If my memory serves me correctly they gave me a code/reference number which the vets could use to get payment from the RSPCA. I also think the RSPCA phoned them in advance to forewarn them. Bottom line is the RSPCA arranged everything, all I did was drop the bird off.

The vets called me in the morning to tell me the seagull was simply suffering from exhaustion (quite common with baby seasgulls and hot weather apparently) and after some rest they dropped it off at a sanctuary who later released it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Similar thing happened to me with a baby seagull. I called the RSPCA who gave me the details of a local vet I could drop the bird off at. If my memory serves me correctly they gave me a code/reference number which the vets could use to get payment from the RSPCA. I also think the RSPCA phoned them in advance to forewarn them. Bottom line is the RSPCA arranged everything, all I did was drop the bird off.

The vets called me in the morning to tell me the seagull was simply suffering from exhaustion (quite common with baby seasgulls and hot weather apparently) and after some rest they dropped it off at a sanctuary who later released it.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
there is a chap in woodingdean who takes all injured birds and gets them back to full health. His name is Roger and he lives in Downs valley road.

12717.jpg

Simple really.

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
jamie oliver has some good pigoen recipies in the sainsbury cookbook

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
If it's a ringed pigeon, then it will probably be put down as it will be no good for racing.

If it's not a ringed pigeon, then it will probably be put down as it is nothing more than a flying rat.

Either way, welcome to the pigeon afterlife. It won't be missed, let's be honest.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have a very docile pigeon in my shed tonight.
I think it has a broken wing. He flaps, but he falls. Its wrapped up in a towel, in a shoebox, with some seed and water. He's a lovely creature, quite happy to have his head stroked, no fear in him whatsoever. But I'm at a bit of a loss what to do with the fella.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Once in a lifetime chance to right a wrong: crap on its head :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He spent the night in the shed, tucked up in a shoebox with some seed and water, and was taken to the vets in the morning. So he's probably in pigeon heaven now.

Coo.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here