Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone Ground catering - your memories

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
Guinness from kiosk on north west terrace between meccano stand and west stand. In days when we were thumping man city on way to wembley and beating man utd 1-0 in league

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot remember ever buying any food at the Goldstone. I used to buy some sweets etc at the newsagents just outside the North side of Hove station and then some chips after the game near the pub on the corner of Sackville Road, which has traded under many different names.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have several memories.

I remember that the sugar packets had facts on them, and they always seemed to be "Robot comes from the Czech word meaning slave"

I remember in the south stand the counter backed onto a middle section where they coked the food and that served the west stand too.

I remember the food being quite decent, but then they stopped using that middle section and the burgers started being heated and served in foil bags.

I remember sometimes my dad would take us the long way round from hove train station car park, to sackville road, so we could stop at the fish and chip shop under the bridge (which was converted to a funeral directors, I think) on our way to the ground.

D

Deleted member 2719

the catering box on the east terrace did coffee so hot it took the skin off the top of your mouth

It was also the first thing that sprung too my mind, oh how i would love to burn my mouth again, maybe Falmer could emulate it oh no of course people would now sue in todays society.

Not sure that the Falmer will ever match the Goldstone for memories but maybe i may just be able to feel a little different in Aug 2011 a "dawning of a new era".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnENa6QEGI8&feature=related

:rave:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Got to give it these UAE bods for attention to detail

Man City v UAE last night at Zayed Stadium...they were selling authentic steak and kidney pies...yum

You could be back in t'UK except the international school kids were chanting...let's go City, let's go...in a rather North American manner.

UAE beat City's reserves 1-0 in a pretty dull match. Steven Ireland almost got sent off and the brat behind me thought Benjani was Adeyabor.

4 quid a ticket meant there was 25,000 there which was not bad. It was a dress rehearsal for the World Club Cup next month. Let's hope they keep the pies

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
when I had a season ticket in the West Stand,I used to bring my own flask of coffee in the winter.Occasionally bought a pie if the queue wasn't too big on the way back from having a pee at half-time.
Sometimes visited the cafe in Hove Park after parking the car and strolling towards the ground.
Happy days!!

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I was introduced to the wonders of alcohol at the Goldstone. In 1974 I was 14 and started going to see The Albion with a mate of my dads. He sometimes had a spare season ticket seat for the West stand when his mate couldn't go - just behind the directors box - and so I would go along with him instead. At half time he would always buy a beer for himself and one for me "Don't tell your dad". I would sit in my seat sipping it very self consciously. The second half usually passed in a bit of a haze. I always wondered what happened to 'Uncle Gadd'. He was so kind......

Yes my cousin used to buy me beer and the roozers had better things to worry about than youngsters gussling bass like it was cherryade, also remember at THAT Newcastle game that took us up watching agog ! as a brighton fan demolished a party four while waiting to get in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here