Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank You REMF and all its supporters

Sorry, I know I said it would be my last post but I can't let that past. Firstly as I mentioned loads of clubs would have loved even APPALLING facilities just to call their own. And secondly I'll accept making a contribution to the refurbishment fund to enable football to be played at South Heighton (a charmning little ground) But why does that have to extend to buying DaSH kit?
There's certainly a case for saying that buying kit shouldn't be the first and last purpose of REMF giving money to a local youth football team.

But having myself been involved in running a youth football club in the past, I do know that the donation of kit can be incredibly helpful - and it certainly avoids a situation where every player has to buy their own kit (which can - and does - exclude those families who can't afford to).

The question for REMF should always be: does this team deserve our money?

If the answer is YES, then helping out with the purchase of kit is a good way to go. And - incidentally - it contributes to the fundraising efforts of the charity by spreading the good name of REMF wherever the team plays.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Of course I wasn't suggesting we wind it down, you are right that is Doug and barbara's decision.

I was making the point that the fund as we originally invisaged when we set it all in motion is not the same beast as it is now.......and I reiterate, that is for the good!!

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
Perhaps I could put a few points straight -

1. We DO NOT own our pitch or ground - as I have already stated.

2. When I mentioned the 'marvellous' tea hut, perhaps it was a little tongue in cheek - the whole of our facilities are a portacabin including a small room with a kettle and a microwave - but compared to the derelict hut which was condemned to be removed, it's an absolute bloody palace! I have been to grounds with no portacabins and I have been to grounds with whole sports pavilions. I certainly wouldn't make assumptions about any of their financial positions as I have not volunteered for them and know nothing about them.

3. I cant understand being 'envious' of our derelict old hut, Brovion, all I can suggest that Falmer Falcons fundraise and approach the football foundation and any other source of funding they can, as we had to. The REMF kindly put in the last £1000 of the portacabin - after I had spent a year raising over £12,000 with any sponsored means I could. If Falmer Falcons fundraiser would like advice from our current fundraiser, I'm sure she would be happy to help a fellow junior football club. We helped Meridian Athletic in their quest to attain FA Charter Status despite them being a local rival.

I'm not going to get into a 'my team is more deserving than your team' argument - any well run voluntary junior sporting club is deserving and should support each other in their mission - which is to provide safe, fun environments for kids to play in and enjoy their sport with proper equipment and kit. The fact that we, as volunteers, struggle every week to provide this for the kids says enough about our governments lack of support for local sporting clubs, without pettiness coming into it.

Chappers, if you would like me to put the kettle on, and buy you a cadbury's mini roll after your run, I'd be more than delighted to do so. I'm afraid I'll be leaving my top hat at home though!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How big is DaSH? I mean, how many members/parents are there?

I spent some time in Malawi and through out the whole country, there was next to no footballing facilities. I played against a village, in a makeshift stadium, in front of 3-4,000 locals. The goals were made out of discarded timber and fell to pieces at the slightest touch. Most kids got their fix by plaing with a large amount of plastic bags held together by some yarn. Whilst not wishing to criticise REMF, it does seem that there are plenty of worthy causes that are missing. I would be delighted to help out and source teams/areas that would be worthy of sponsorship, but don't realise that help is at hand.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am sorry a good news thread has degenerated somewhat but all comments are listened to.

All I can say is Paula's thread above sums it up. Dash are very worthy recipients of the REMF money and the REMF is imo a fantastic achievement after 11/9/01.

It empitomises what can be achieved by ordinary people and especially in view of the help of our " rivals " CPFC involvement.

Of course all constrictive comments are welcomed and are essential in the future of REMF. No one person owns REMF it is an evolving fund that is growing in stature and recognition but I can say the Eatons are very proud and humbled with the REMF. No one could have imagined on that cold day in 11/01 when we played REMF 1 that 8 years on the fund would not only be alive but be flourishing and have the massive accolade of the Argus, Sussex charity of the year.

Everyone can be extremely proud of the REMF imo and the support it has given to hundred of kids across the World cannot be underestimated.

The fund goes from strength to strength and we have Max's charity run on Sunday and the Peter Ward Pool Night on 4/12/09 and then the London Marathon run in 4/10 followed by REMF 9 in 4/5/10 and the REMF Golf Day in Summer 2010.

It is also hoped that REMF 10 can be staged as a ramp up event in Late Spring / Summer 2011 at the newly built Falmer so there is lots to look forward to.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How big is DaSH? I mean, how many members/parents are there?

I spent some time in Malawi and through out the whole country, there was next to no footballing facilities. I played against a village, in a makeshift stadium, in front of 3-4,000 locals. The goals were made out of discarded timber and fell to pieces at the slightest touch. Most kids got their fix by plaing with a large amount of plastic bags held together by some yarn. Whilst not wishing to criticise REMF, it does seem that there are plenty of worthy causes that are missing. I would be delighted to help out and source teams/areas that would be worthy of sponsorship, but don't realise that help is at hand.

Paul there are millions of worthy causes across the World. It needs people to suggest clubs. Any feedback is welcomed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll have my say on this as well as we at ASC Strikers were eternally grateful to all of you from REMF for the two sets of funding which was all spent on new kits.

Mini (my youngest) still plays U12s and Junior (eldest) is now an U18 at Worthing United and indeed is going for a first with REMF next year (hopefully) as graduating from a ball boy to playing in the REMF game.

I would also point out that the boys were ever willing ball boys for the REMF game as they understood that without REMF we would struggle and perhaps they might not play football every Sunday.

REMF is magnificent end of...............

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I have not seen that before Cheshire thanks for that. It shows REMF is distributing the monies it raises.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The fund goes from strength to strength and we have Max's charity run on Sunday and the Peter Ward Pool Night on 4/12/09 and then the London Marathon run in 4/10 followed by REMF 9 in 4/5/10 and the REMF Golf Day in Summer 2010.

It is also hoped that REMF 10 can be staged as a ramp up event in Late Spring / Summer 2011 at the newly built Falmer so there is lots to look forward to.

*cough* 6-a-side *cough*

It also shows that the website link doesnt work and your accountants dont pay much attention to annual return deadlines.

Just making an observation
It's you that isn't paying attention. The accounts for the year ending 31 January 2009 (and all previous years) were submitted within the required period that the rules allow. An annual report isn't required for a charity below the £10,000 threshold.

Date of report : 10 October 2009

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It also shows that the website link doesnt work and your accountants dont pay much attention to annual return deadlines.

Just making an observation

All the accounts are up to date and submitted and completed within the required dates or we would have been fined £ 100 and we have not.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It's you that isn't paying attention. The accounts for the year ending 31 January 2009 (and all previous years) were submitted within the required period that the rules allow. An annual report isn't required for a charity below the £10,000 threshold.

Date of report : 10 October 2009

All the accounts are up to date and submitted and completed within the required dates or we would have been fined £ 100 and we have not.

Where in my post did I mention ACCOUNTS, its the annual return (or rather annual update as charity is under £10k) that is late and was very late last year, 119 days to be exact. No not the COMPANY annual return the CHARITY annual return.

As I said its just an observation, like the website address needing updating

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here