Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Pool Competition with Peter Ward

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its one game Sam or we would still be playing at 3pm on the Saturday.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Think we should stick with European rules, just all understand we're working with a deadline, and not to take the piss.

I am not a Pool expert and am keen to get the numbers and rules agreed now to avoid total chaos on the night.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Its one game Sam or we would still be playing at 3pm on the Saturday.

What?! You mean we are not having a lock-in? :down:

I am not a Pool expert and am keen to get the numbers and rules agreed now to avoid total chaos on the night.

European rules are what *most* are used to, and what's normally played in pubs across the country. HS's suggestion is one of the better world rules, but, I think if we all understand we have a time we need to be finished by, people won't take the piss and take an age per shot.

3 players left , round robin ( 3 games in total )

One round robin of 3 players per table sounds good. I also think 24 players is more achievable.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would prefer 24 if we can make that work as 32 may be unmanageable especially at 10pm when the Beers have kicked in and it could descend into total chaos.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can you let me know how many as we may make 32 which will be a straight knock out with a 15 min limit per game. I will also be contacting everyone for the £ 10 upfront before the end of October.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
One game of killer, 24 players, £10 in each, three lives, miss a pot you lose a life, winner wins £120, REMF gets £120 - 30 mins, bish, bash, bosh, you're on the piss for the remainder of the night

Everyone's a winner

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Can you put 2 places down for The Albion Roar please, if there's any left

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
European rules are what *most* are used to, and what's normally played in pubs across the country. HS's suggestion is one of the better world rules, but, I think if we all understand we have a time we need to be finished by, people won't take the piss and take an age per shot.

I wasn't suggesting taking up all the world rules up but in hindsight it would be a nightmare to introduce just this one as at least 75% of people won't have played it before or understand it. Throw in beer on top and it will be a nightmare. (It does speed the game up though)

Keep to Euro rules but even then there is variance. 2 shots on the black? 2 shots carry? Move the ball after a foul or it stays where it is? Doesn't matter we just need to agree.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I say -

2 shots on the black.

2 shots do carry (I assume you mean, if you have 2 shots before getting to the black, and still have them by the time you are on the black).

You can move the ball behind the line when your opponent has fouled.

You can shoot up table after your opponent has fouled, and you've moved the ball behind the line.

Just suggestions.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1. Peter Ward
2. Trigger
3. Mendoza
4. Tom Hark
5. Sam Hale + 1
7. Its Neil
8. Goodfella +1
10. NMH
11. Ali Jenkins
12. Jordan seagull
13. Matt Horner +1
15. Gwylan
16. Hannibal Smith + 1
18. Gareth
19. Ian
20. Da Man Clay
21. Basil Fawlty
22. Desprateseagull
23. Mr Banana
24. Albion Roar x 2

7 spaces left.

Please can the people above confirm they are still participating as I will want the £ 10 upfront by Friday 20th November when the compeition will be closed for entrants.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1. Peter Ward
2. Trigger
3. Mendoza
4. Tom Hark
5. Sam Hale + 1
7. Its Neil
8. Goodfella +1
10. NMH