Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Pool Competition with Peter Ward

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wardy and Jacqui are visting the UK in early December to promote the release of his new book.

He is happy to meet up with the REMF boys and anyone who wants to come and meet him and has asked if there will be an REMF event.

I am proposing the first ever REMF - Pool Knockout.

As its December I think an indoor event in the warm with beer on tap ( Wardy will appreciate that ) is the ticket.

I am proposing hiring a venue and limiting it to 32 entrants ( possibly 16 depending on time limits ) with a knockout competition. A trophy will be presented to the winner from Wardy who I am sure will enter the competition as well.

I am proposing £ 10 per entrant with 50% of the proceeds going to the win poy and 50% to the REMF.

There would be the opportunity to buy a personalised signed book from Wardy and I will bring the t shirts and photos signed by Wardy. £ 1 from the book goes to the REMF and 50% of the t shirt and photos goes to the REMF.

There will also be an auction and a raffle on the night.

If we get 32 at £ 10 thats £ 160 to the REMF with £ 160 to the winners pot being £ 120 to the winner and £ 40 to the runner up.

Who is interested in entering this just to work out if its feasible.

Thanks.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
This is a belting idea and I would 100% be interested in taking part in this as the one and only time I have played Wardy at pool I won, albeit it was on a pool table in a friends front room!

Definitely count me in as 1 of the 32 if this goes ahead. :clap:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we have 32 entrants thats a total of 31 games with 16 entrants thats a total of 15 games. I think 32 is feasible if the interest is there but we need a venue with several tables so we can have 4 matches or so on at any one time.

Any ideas ?.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If we have 32 entrants thats a total of 31 games with 16 entrants thats a total of 15 games. I think 32 is feasible if the interest is there but we need a venue with several tables so we can have 4 matches or so on at any one time.

Any ideas ?.

Hove Park Tavern - Might make Wardy feel at home!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ths has crashed and burned. No one interested ?.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I can't play pool, but I'll buy a signed book

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Rileys in London Road? *hide*

That's what I was thinking... We could hire out the back room with 5/6 English pool tables. No idea how much it'd cost though

EDIT: Or, if there's not much interest, the two tables up on the stage round the back.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's what I was thinking... We could hire out the back room with 5/6 English pool tables. No idea how much it'd cost though

Reckon it'd probably be free. They'd make big chunks of money on the bar.

Else maybe hire, again for free, the upstairs bar at the King & Queen? That's got a couple of pool tables.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here