Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Cube - ITV

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Has anyone watched this before? Not sure what night it is on, but I stumbled across a re run of it yesterday, presented by Phillip Schofield.

Its a game show with one contestant in a bid to win £250,000 by taking part in a series of games/tasks

WHAT A JOKE, the tension they build up with Schofield, the audience and the contestants family and friends is brilliant, then in over dramatic fashion they announce the game (which happens in a cube)

The games on last night were

For £50,000 Catch a red tennis ball ooohhhhhhh

For £100,000 Walk on a beam 10 inches off the floor for 3 meters

and the grand finally for £250,000

Walk in a straight line blind folded

The-Cube-a47d7b22-55f2-45d7-abca-d4f6e62e2313.jpg

This game show will surely be spoofed by everyone, its comedy genius without meaning to be!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's amusing viewing for sure.

I've only seen a couple of them but in the show you reference above, which sounds alike a re-run of Saturday evening's effort, the £250k 'game' was a repeat of the first game (undertaken for £1k, I think) and which the guy struggled at bigtime, losing 3 or 4 of his 9 lives.

And the £250k flavour of the game had been made significantly more difficult due to them narrowing the margin of error of the straight line he had to walk on. I'm a gambling sort, but if I was in his position, I also would not have risked £100k on that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I like it as well. Its a proper GAMBLE.
The bloke on Saturday won enough to sort his dads teeth out. Well played.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
ITV are really dumbing down. There was a show presented by Vernon Kaye not so long ago where some bloke went potty after banging in a load of nails into a lump of wood quicker than Jack Osbourne. I would be ashamed to do anything more than a muffled ‘yes’ over such banality.

I thought that was a new low until I saw the Cube. I only watched this for a few minutes a couple of weeks back but some bloke won £20K for bouncing a ball into a bucket and £50K for putting a box on the floor. I think he had to spell his name for 100k.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
it's an appallingly bad program - ITV at it's very best! A plastic/glass box with special effects superimposed on it and mindnumbingly dull games to boot!.

I also love the way that the girl who does the demonstrations is simply called 'the body' (both during the show and in the credits). Are they trying to turn her into another stig? one who can catch tennis balls and step over sticks wearing a helmet? Jesus wept...

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
also special mention for the cheesy slo-mo's. Can't believe that they mix in slo mo's on the first time the challenge is attempted - they don't even both waiting for the re-run 10 seconds afterwards.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think I liked it too, it was amusing and I love the tension built up by everyone. The bloke was almost crying when he was waiting to catch the tennis ball.

Its general crapness is its appeal.
We can all sit there and go "f*** me, I could do that, piece of PISS". And then laugh when they nouse it up. They need more TIME LIMITS though to ratchet up the pressure. Then if they exceed the time limit, the cube is locked and some kind of noxious gas is released. That or they suddenly put Alan Carr in there with the contestent and see how long he lasts before gouging out his own eyes.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I like it. :shrug:

It, simple entertainment with required no thinking on a Saturday evening eating dinner.
You don't need to have seen the start as with most programmes to start watching.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Me and Mrs Wanderer watch it with the kids, we love it !

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Shit program.

"You have to touch your own nose with your own finger....but it's not as simple as it sounds because....it happens in.....THE CUBE!"

oooh the drama :rolleyes:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I like it. My fave bit is "the body" - some bird with a giant spoon over her face who demonstrates each task.

I also like that little swivelling bridge that Phil stands on and the contestant enters the cube by. So over done.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here