Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hey, you lot! I'm running the Royal Parks Half marathon for REMF! SPONSER ME! PLEASE

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Is it round and round Hyde Park?

routemap_newnew.jpg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It was GOOD. It's a really nice route taking in Buckingham Palace, Houses of Parliamment, The London Eye and Embankment before the final few miles in Hyde Park. The weather was pretty much perfect during the run too and the sun even made an appearance for the last couple of miles during which I was able to up my pace a bit. I managed to run all the way around without slowing or walking which I was worried about due to my knee but everything held up and I finished in about 2 hours 17 minutes which is pleasing, given it was first run of that length and I've not been able to train properly for a few weeks. I reckon I could do it quicker but it's hard to know how to pace yourself.

Got a mighty SEEEEAAAGUUULLLLSSS after about 6 miles which helped me on and a few other runners gave it the ALBION too. About 5 palace fans booed me as I ran past (in jest) I might add, I ignored them and pushed on harder so big thanks to them!

All in all a very pleasing run and I'm lookig forward to my next one, probably the great south run next year but a few shorter ones before that. I don't think I could take on a whole marathon quite yet but maybe a couple of years down the line.

Thanks to all that sponsored me, the support really made a difference.

Max

Last edited:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Great stuff! If you do the half in 2h 17m you'll well in for going the extra mileage for the big one, in fact here's how long you'd take by using this:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/news/article.asp?UAN=1681

4h 47m 37s

That's more than just an average for a first marathon. Anyway, you can bookmark the Runners World race predictor above, it's a great tool for guessing any run times.

Well done

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Good one Max.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Got a mighty SEEEEAAAGUUULLLLSSS after about 6 miles which helped me on and a few other runners gave it the ALBION too.

Must confess, it was me shouting from the sidelines as I thought it might be you (the Albion top with Eaton 16 on the back was a bit of a give-away!). I see an Albion shirt and I can't help myself.

I just happened to be there supporting my girlfriend - who I'm sure you'll be glad to hear you beat, but you definitely finished behind Iron Man, Batman and Robin, a Blue man, and some vegetables!

:thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Must confess, it was me shouting from the sidelines as I thought it might be you (the Albion top with Eaton 16 on the back was a bit of a give-away!). I see an Albion shirt and I can't help myself.

I just happened to be there supporting my girlfriend - who I'm sure you'll be glad to hear you beat, but you definitely finished behind Iron Man, Batman and Robin, a Blue man, and some vegetables!

:thumbsup:

Nice one! Thanks for that!

I noticed that I also got beaten by a hot dog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here