Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do England need to win tonight ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The way I read the table if Ukraine only draw with Belarus tonight who kick off at 6pm, then we only need a Draw.

I know it’s a bit negative and you can’t play for a draw, an we should be beat Croatia etc.
Truth is we could draw tonight and still qualify.

Group 6 - P W D L GD Pts
1 England 7 7 0 0 22 21
2 Croatia 8 5 2 1 9 17
3 Ukraine 7 4 2 1 8 14
4 Belarus 7 3 0 4 4 9
5 Kazakhstan 7 1 0 6 -15 3
6 Andorra 8 0 0 8 -28 0

Last edited:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Fair point but I think that Capello and Co want to win 10 out of 10 anyway. We are at home and in decent form against a team that is mising a couple of Key players and has an ageing and less than pacey defence. I we can win this if we play fairly well.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
We only needed a draw against Croatia to qualify for the last European Championships, and look what happenend then :annoyed:

Sod the other result and just go all out attack. Let's play Hesky, Rooney and Defoe from the start :smokin:

Where England have lacked organization, is in the defense.
Against the better sides, I think we ought to lead the game from there - not from the attack. So, a strong defensive midfield, and good passing for transitional play... instead of having wing-backs covering the length of the pitch.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think in all likelihood we could lose tonight and still comfortably qualify, no problems.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Looking at the table Croatia could be in a bit of bother if they lose and Ukraine win.

They will be well up for this one and I reckon it'll be a draw.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
To qualify - no
To assuage the pain of McClown - TOO BLOODY RIGHT!

The point is that England need to win for all other results to be irrelevant.

We'll qualify for this one, even if we lose tonight. I notice the press are already talking up our chances of winning the whole tournament. Now, that won't happen, whatever the result tonight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here