Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Courage Challenge Charity Cup - NSC Albion 2-2 Foxes Trust (Leicester win on pens)

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Courage Challenge Cup

Courage Challenge Cup

NSC Albion V Foxes Trust FC

Which is basically a game of Brighton fans against Leicester fans to raise money for the Rocking Horse Appeal for the Childrens Hospital in Brighton.

The game is at Leylands Park, Burgess Hill- home of Ryman League Burgess Hill Town on Sunday August 3rd. I will post directions when I get back from Barnet.

The game kicks off at 2pm and the turnstiles open at 12. There will be lunch for any players that want it. The bar will be open and there will be food available. Courage have very kindly sponsored this game so there will be plenty of beer available!

There will be a raffle and an auction, where there are some quite nice prizes. You may even see one or two familiar faces. :)

In the evening we will be going to the Cobblers Thumb pub in Brighton. Directions later. Everyone is welcome to join us. I have been given a budget for the players to go on the lash with!!:drink:

This is our squad if anyone cares:

1 Pete Griffin (Seagullible)
2 Dave McNiven (Razi)
3 Alan Morden (MORHBHA)
4 Mark Owen - Captain
5 Martin David Goonper (Artois)
6 Richard Allen (TOTKM)
7 Malc Buss (Beefy)
8 Adie Costello (DCL)
9 James McCulloch (Scotty)
10 Glyn Merritt (Fran Hagarty Jnr)
11 Andy Rumble (Fatboy)
12 Steven Valder (Safeway)
14 David King (GayFC Womble)
15 Simon Cox (Coxy)
16 Simon Barrett (Jonnyboylennon)
17 Sam Mellor (EP Sam)
18 Helen Trott (Trotster)
19 John Fashanu

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Sorry I knew I would forget something. I had to rush that post as I was on my way to barnet!!

We may need extra players as Sam in EP has gone missing!!!

BrightonFoxDave

Jul 27, 2003
Southwick
If you're making any changes that you want stuck in the official programme for this forthcoming spectacular, please let me know by Tuesday evening. I can't leave it later than that cos of getting stuff to the printers.

I just hope that the Foxes Trust send me a team list in time. :blush:

Will see you all for a :drink: in the Cobblers after....

Cheers!

BrightonFoxDave

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
fatboy said:
Sorry I knew I would forget something. I had to rush that post as I was on my way to barnet!!

We may need extra players as Sam in EP has gone missing!!!

Presumably another outing for those "Banana Boots"

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
You mean these Beach Hut?

REMF 014.jpg

Very Nice. ???

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Haha.

Yes I expect I will be wearing my yellow boots, although I think they have been in Fran Hagarty's boot for a couple of months!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yep those are the ones - luckily I've got my shades on.

There are a couple of lads from our footie club in the background who were ball boys

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do know about the ground but there is a good old Uncle Sam's there - quality burgers all around.

BrightonFoxDave

Jul 27, 2003
Southwick
Nomad Online has full details of the ground and has a link to a map. The grounds pretty close to Wivelsfield station (well, something has to be).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Is the ground near Bourgoise Hell station?

And is there still an Uncle Sam's?

Wivelsfield Station is a five minute walk from Leylands Park.

Uncle Sams burgers are very nice. That is by Burgess Hil Station.

Oh shit, I'm still logged in as Sheebo!!!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
A while ago I had a chat with the landlord of the cobblers and he asked me (as he knew i was an Albion nut) how to get a fans game together between us and leicester. I pointed him in the direction of NSC so he has obviously got onto you guys. I might pop down the Cobblers that Evening then. Good luck fellas. I remember he was trying to get Micky Adams to ref the game but he told he on saturday night that he couldn't get him. Never mind, should be a good day anyway. :cheers:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Auction and raffle prizes include a signed Peter Ward shirt, a signed Bobby Zamora shirt, a signed Leicester shirt, a signed England rugby shirt, and lots of alcohol.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here