Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beasant rejects contract offer

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
According to Sky Sports News this morning, Beasant has actually rejected the contract offer from us.

Is this new news? I knew he wasn't that impressed with the offer and was mulling it over but didn't realise he'd actually turned us down.

Oh well, of the 3 players offered new contracts, it was more important that Rodger and Blackwell signed I guess....

Still need to get another keeper in though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Shame he's great back up but i spose he knew thats all he would be however i cannot see anyone taking him on as first choice keeper unless he drops at least into the third division. Stay with us Dave, you'll yourself a nice shiny medal come May.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IF FDM has finally got over his injuries, he is an excellent no 1. If he gets injured, we'll just get a loan keeper in. Most good div 1 and Premiership clubs have at least three competent keepers so I
can't see SC having a problem getting cover. Shame about Beasant but agree with you that the other two were more important signings.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
He's young.

He's British.

He's represented his country at all levels except senior.

He is currently without a club.

He would be cheap.

He wouldn't have to relocate.

He has a Premiership education.

Get Rhys Evans in now,

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'm sure Evans is being looked at by a couple of premiership teams. Don't think he'd take kindly to being second choice in division two either. If there are doubts over the FDM's fitness and his ability to last the season we need someone as backup.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Highly agree with fatboy!
Would'nt mind Beasant staying and showing Kuipers a thing or two but the Dutch man would have to be first choice.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Where does Big Dave think he's going to get work?

Ben Roberts is also out of work and a better keeper IMO (wish we could afford him)

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton manager, Steve Coppell: "Dave is not happy with the money we have offered him and I don't blame him.
"I need the money for a striker and there is a limit to what I can offer him. He has the pick of clubs."

on the football transfer website, we want Roberts!!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Evans would be cheap I would imagine. Especially cheaper than Roberts. I would love to have Roberts here but we can't afford him, and even if we could the money would be better spent in other areas. Roberts can easily play at Div 1 level.

I don't know how up to date this is, but at one point the only clubs reported to be interested in Evans were Stockport and Southend. I would imagine we would be a better club to join than those two.

I love Michel Kuipers and I think he is our first choice keeper, but there are doubts over his fitness. If we have another quality keeper pushing for a place in the first team that is a good dilemna to be faced with.

I have not seen enough of Evans to form an opinion on whether he is better than Kuipers. I am sure Coppell is better qualified to judge.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
doubts over Kuipers fitness BOLLOCKS!!! I've said it once I will say it again, how fit do you have to be, to be a keeper?? Also Kuipers has been injured about ermmm twice since he's been at the club.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We dont need Beasant simple as that.
2 strikers is what we need and Robinson.
Then we will be sorted.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:

I love Michel Kuipers and I think he is our first choice keeper, but there are doubts over his fitness.

It was the same thigh muscle injury both times he was out last season.

That's why he opted for surgery to treat it once and for all. No reason why that injury should ever reoccur.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dwayne said:
doubts over Kuipers fitness BOLLOCKS!!! I've said it once I will say it again, how fit do you have to be, to be a keeper?? Also Kuipers has been injured about ermmm twice since he's been at the club.

Check your facts Dwayne, all his injuries have been the same and re-occuring. The layoffs have been long and he was unable to kick
the ball. Presumably his movement was restricted as well. You've obviously no idea about how mobile you need to be a keeper.

Engage brain before opening mouth:rolleyes:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If Big Dave walks, we need a new keeper... Sir Stevie favours a keeper on the bench... talk of loans to cover is bollox IMHO...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The official site says he is discussing his future at the club.

'However, speaking today on Sky Sports News, Beasant said 'I went there (Brighton) last season when they were in a difficult situation. Unfortunately we didn't complete the Houdini act and get out the relegation zone.

I've spoken with Steve Coppell and I haven't dismissed any hopes of re-signing. The problem is I went down there last season and it was more or less to get myself in the shop window again, and to prove to people that I am still capable of doing a good job. I feel I did that and now we've come to the situation where we have obviously got to negotiate a new contract.

I'm don't think I'm asking for anything unreasonable, and I think the manager feels the same way. Hopefully both sides will look for it to be resolved sooner rather than later'

Dicktator Knight

Jul 7, 2003
i offered him the same deal as last seaosn which i thought was more than reasonable especially as you miserable lot wouldnt pay any more for your season tickets, anyway i offered to throw in a reserved car parking space, a free pie and chips at the end of each match and a can of shandy and he's still not happy. Thee's no pleasing some of 'em, I tell you who'd be in my shoes!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here