Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's Phone in - Man in Pub.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
First of all. I thought Harty showed great restraint with that caller who decided to give his ticket away so he could watch Chealski in the pub.

Was anyone else fuming at this idiot?

"I've been an Albion fan for the last 37years etc. But I'd rather watch Prem footy in a pub over following 'my' team"

"It's because the football is sooo bad"

Hello! The football is a damn site better than it about 5years ago!!

brighton really do have the most fair weather fans in the world!

I think you're exagerrating what he said and to be honest I agreed with a lot of it. He wasn't saying he'd rather watch Chelsea than Brighton, he was saying that he was generally fed up with things at the moment, merely echoing the sentiments of many fans at the moment, including 'stuck on' Albion fans such as myself and a few others on here. (*cough* Bozza *cough*).

Not a case of being fair weather, just a case of being a bit disillusioned at the moment and taking a short break from it.

Nov 3, 2003
i admire him for the bullish attitude and honesty that he wood rather watch an interesting game and skill commitment and atmosphere generatted game than the dull affair dished up at Withdean. Harty did hint at his disbelief though afterwards and obviously has to stay 'neutral' to sum extent as that wood presumabnly be his remit on the phone in.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Totally an utterly fair weather! I'm sorry but you can't say you've been supporting them for 37 odd years and do stuff like that! For me he has stopped supporting them the moment he chose Chealski over us and any further supporting is a new stint. i.e. I've currently been following the Albion for 3 weeks and will stop again the next time a Prem game clashes with a Brighton game.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
FG admires him?

Definate twat in that case.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
Was it not possible to do both on Saturday?

Chelsea game had finished by 2.30 as it was on at the Brewery Tap (10 mins walk from Withdean)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I think he sai something along the lines of, we had the choice, "Go and watch the Albion, or stay in the pub and have a few more beers". Apparently a few Barnsley fans took the piss out of him for this. too right!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
we don't have season tickets this year - for a couple of reasons - but even though we're not going week in week out - we'll always have the radio on listening to the game - you won't find me watching Chelsea down the pub.... I can understand people being slightly disgruntled but not enough to turn your back like that!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
My question was rhetorical - but thanks for confirming!

As a woman I have to say something, anything. :lolol:

Will you listen to yourselves? He missed ONE GAME. If what he said was true and that was the first game he voluntarily missed in 37 years then I say give him a break. Jesus, it's not like he's turned his back on the club for good, not even this season. And at least he gave his ticket away so it didn't go to waste. I think a few people are getting a little too on their high horse.

Yes, supporting your team is about following them through thick and thin, but it is not about dedicating every waking moment to them. Not for me, at least. The bloke's followed Albion for nearly 40 years and simply didn't fancy it one week. BIG DEAL. Players don't fancy it all the time, and they get paid for turning up.

I'm going to see my mate in Norwich in a few weeks and will take in the East Anglian derby when I'm up there, thus missing the Bournemouth home game. Does that make me fair weather? Does it f***, it just means I have a little more to my life than Brighton & Hove Albion.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Safeway said:
Will you listen to yourselves? He missed ONE GAME. If what he said was true and that was the first game he voluntarily missed in 37 years then I say give him a break. Jesus, it's not like he's turned his back on the club for good, not even this season. And at least he gave his ticket away so it didn't go to waste. I think a few people are getting a little too on their high horse.

Yes, supporting your team is about following them through thick and thin, but it is not about dedicating every waking moment to them. Not for me, at least. The bloke's followed Albion for nearly 40 years and simply didn't fancy it one week. BIG DEAL. Players don't fancy it all the time, and they get paid for turning up.

I'm going to see my mate in Norwich in a few weeks and will take in the East Anglian derby when I'm up there, thus missing the Bournemouth home game. Does that make me fair weather? Does it f***, it just means I have a little more to my life than Brighton & Hove Albion.

...he says after 3518 posts...

And when did he say this was the first game he missed in 37years? I'm saying the guy got comfy in the pub and couldn't be bothered to go because he doesn't think the football is sintilating enough for him.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nobody knows him or the situation he is in, can we not forgive him for missing a game?

We all support this club in our own little way and nobody should be looked on as better or worse than anyone else, that's just STOOPID.

Some weeks I'll be well up for going and get really excited about it but others I'll look forward to a saturday where i'd rather get up late, arse about for a bit, have a bit of lunch and watch the results come in on the tv while enjoying a couple of beers.

High horse is about right Safeway, i agree with that. Thinking worse of another fan because of a choice they made between watching the Albion and doing summat else (unfortunately in this case it was watching Chelsea in the pub which is probably why people are getting arsey about this) is ridiculous.

If he had decided to go visit mates instead this thread would not exist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here