Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickinson deal done

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
Quality News - I'm glad our new chairman backed slade with the transfers that he wants and needs to push us up the top end of the league for this season! I just hope murray stills stays esphecially as forster isn't still fully fit :albion2:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Excellent work Slade and Bloom. Good to see we are no longer haggling over amounts the equivalent of a weeks petrol :lolol:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Albion today completed the signing of Liam Dickinson from Derby County, for an undisclosed fee. The striker completed a medical at the club's Falmer training ground at lunchtime, and signed a three-year deal in the club offices this afternoon.

Boss Russell Slade said, "We're delighted that we've made the signing. I wanted to strengthen the forward line, and he brings something different to the table.

His goalscoring record is very good and he has a good goals-per-game ratio. He's like one or two of the other signings I have made this summer, in that he is hungry to get his career back on track. I'm sure there is a lot more to come from him.

"It's taken a little time to get this one completed, but I'm sure it will prove worth the wait and everyone at the club has worked hard to get him here, so I'm delighted about that."

The Salford-born 23-year-old joins Albion a year after a big-money move to the Rams from Stockport County, just a few weeks after helping Stockport win promotion to League One via a Wembley playoff final.

Dickinson began his career as a schoolboy with Blackpool, Bolton and Blackburn Rovers, but was not offered professional terms at Ewood Park and instead pursued a career as a graphic designer, while playing part time.

The towering 6ft 4ins striker spent a few years playing for a host non-league clubs in the north west, before Stockport paid a £2000 fee for his services to Woodley Sports in December 2005.

He averaged a goal in every three games, scoring 33 goals in 94 games during his spell at Edgeley Park, his last goal being the decisive one in the 3-2 Wembley playoff win over Rochdale.

Heralded as one for the future following a £750,000 move to Pride Park, Dickinson did not make a senior appearance for the Rams - but scored ten times in 28 games across three loan spells at Huddersfield Town, Blackpool and Leeds United.

0,,10433~6512204,00.jpg

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm sorry but that is the gayest photo of an Albion player in our long history. Still, great signing I think - looking good for the season.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
100k according to the bbc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here