Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Testimonials

Banned

Testimonials

0 Not allowed!
    Is there any testimonials this year ? i think kuipers might have one this year but im not to sure ?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Testimonials are granted at the discretion of the club in question. A rough rule of thumb says that they are granted for 10 years' service, though there is no automatic rule for this.

If - IF - Kuipers gets one for 10 years' service, that would be next year. If it's for the completion of 10 seasons' service, that will be during the 2010/11 season.
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm
      Banned

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Testimonials are granted at the discretion of the club in question. A rough rule of thumb says that they are granted for 10 years' service, though there is no automatic rule for this.

If - IF - Kuipers gets one for 10 years' service, that would be next year. If it's for the completion of 10 seasons' service, that will be during the 2010/11 season.
      Cheers

0 Not allowed!
      Didn't FDM join us for the 2000/01 season, getting subbed at half time in the opening game at Southend? Looks like he has to hang on another year yet.

0 Not allowed!

Surely at the end of this season God will have completed 10 years so will get a match in the summer of 2010?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post
      Surely at the end of this season God will have completed 10 years so will get a match in the summer of 2010?
      It depends what the club decide upon.

If Harty's and Kerry's testimonials years are anything to go by, there will be a year's events and dos, culminating in the testimonial match. Of course, should that be the case, and the timing ends up right, it could be one of the first, if not THE first match at Falmer.

But like I said, it depends largely on what the club allow.
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm

0 Not allowed!
      It depends what the club decide upon.

If Harty's and Kerry's testimonials years are anything to go by, there will be a year's events and dos, culminating in the testimonial match. Of course, should that be the case, and the timing ends up right, it could be one of the first, if not THE first match at Falmer.

But like I said, it depends largely on what the club allow.
      I would have thought that the tenth year (ie this season) would be the year of events and that his match will be next summer. Mayo's was a year late, but that was only because noone could actually organise opposition. Hart's was last summer - exactly 10 years after he joined the club.

I hope you're right because the first match at Falmer being Michel's would be AMAZING, but I think he'll have a Withdean do next year sadly.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I heard a rumour that he wanted to delay till next season to ensure a sell out at Falmer, it has been pointed out to him that if Smith is good enough, which from the reports he is, FDM may not be at the club this time next season.
      Johnny Byrne-The Greatest

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Complete Badger View Post

Against Fishersgate perhaps!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      and when does ian chapman get his that he was having , that then got posponed at the goldstone