Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Brighton Brawl: Brighton v Chelsea - FA Cup 1973 - Video

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I was in the South Stand. It was all ticket but in their infinite wisdom they sold South Stand terrace tickets to home and away fans which meant the atmosphere was interesting.
Didn't stop my dad from repeatedly shouting 'animals' at the Chelsea players.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
After the match , in the studio Brian Moore mentioned the siren of a fire engine being heard as the full time whistle blew but wasn't it an ambulance instead ?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I was rich then ,had a season ticket in the West Stand. He wasn't called Chopper Harris for nothing, there's a clue.
Most of that run of defeats, were enjoyable matches to watch, despite the results.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Jimmy Hill's moustache was very silly.

I was there. Not as exciting/atmospheric as the previous match against Chelsea when only one player was sent off.

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Thanks for putting this on. I remember this game very well, great atmosphere and I also was in the middle of a large ruck in the North Stand when a load of Chelsea fans suddenly waded into everyone.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was rich then ,had a season ticket in the West Stand. He wasn't called Chopper Harris for nothing, there's a clue.
Most of that run of defeats, were enjoyable matches to watch, despite the results.
It was out of character for Ron Harris to use his fist , his preferred option was to try and break a leg or two. :) Chelsea and Leeds both had a reputation for playing dirty in the 1970's. I didn't go to this match but it brought back memories of Eddie Spearritt and his long throw and Sully rampaging down the wing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thanks for putting this on. I remember this game very well, great atmosphere and I also was in the middle of a large ruck in the North Stand when a load of Chelsea fans suddenly waded into everyone.

Chelsea fans wearing blue and white scarfs didn't exactly help.:blush:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Dont use recent terms. Use the terms, that were about, when football, was football.

(OR was that the terms then?!:eek:)

Young dazo, as you know I am an old git so all terms are Imperial measure, Lbs & ozs, feet & inches, £-s-d and real football divisions where one is the top and 4th is the lowest!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here