Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone still up?

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Not intended to be a sympathy-searching or attention-seeking thread, just not feeling all that good at the moment and thought I'd come on here for a bit.

Need some humour to brighten (brighton?) up the evening. Just seen my Dad leave to go to Iraq on an Army operation for 3 months, and I'm just not feeling all that great. Wasn't really all that prepared for it. If you've any funny forwards an' all that just give us a post on here. :(

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Good luck to your Dad, Wilts. It puts our petty squabling on NSC into some form of prespective.

I am still working on a project for a client that has to be on someone's desk at 9 am. Again no sympathy requested or deserved, I am amply rewarded for my efforts.:wave:

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to your dad!!
It will be alright mate!
Next pint I have will on behalf of your dad!!
:drink: :drink:

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
Mate.
It will be alright!!
Before you know it!
He will be back!!
And you two will be :drink: :drink: :thumbsup:

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
To cheer you up!!

heather01.jpg
:drink: :clap:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Thats a tough thing when your old man goes over there,but im sure he will be fine and back before you no it.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :smokin: :drink:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm up, but it is morning so i spose that isn't too amazing.

Your dad will be back quicker than you know it:bounce:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The British troops are much better trained to deal with incidents than the Americans. They have had so much experience in Northern Ireland and Bosnia.

He'll be ok and back soon I know how you feel as my Dad served 33 years in the Navy so went away regularly (and there were lots of conflicts even then)

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Cheers people. Don't feel too bad at all this morning, probably something to do with it happening last night etc, haven't really thought about it a great deal. I think its a night thing, tend to get more worried about things before going to bed an' all that.

He's only done Northern Ireland in the past, and that was 1972 and I wasn't even born, so this is the first time its really happened in my lifetime. f*** it, its not all bad...I'm now hoping for a $25,000,000 reward. That'd clear out my debts a right treat. :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here